Discover our collection of easy and Simple Side Dishes, all conveniently located in one place!
Summer is the time for easy and fresh salads that require minimal prep and cooking time but deliver maximum flavor. One such salad is our Easy Summer Green Bean Salad. Packed with the freshness of green beans and the tang of a vinaigrette, this salad is perfect for those hot summer days.
The best part? It requires only a handful of ingredients and can be put together in under thirty minutes. In this blog post, we’ll take you through the steps of making the perfect Easy Summer Green Bean Salad.
Looking for a great main dish to go with your side dish? With a variety of mouth-watering options, it’s time to unleash your culinary creativity with our Chicken Recipes. Who knows? You might just stumble upon your next favorite dish!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
This versatile salad combines garden fresh herbs and veggies with the delicious salty flavor of Feta cheese. As an added bonus, it takes less than 20 minutes to put together and can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
What Do You Need To Make Green Bean Salad With Tomatoes?
- Fresh Green Beans – I recommend always using fresh green beans when making this easy green bean salad. Frozen and canned tomatoes will not provide you with the right flavor or texture.
- Grape Tomatoes – You can easily swap the grape tomatoes for cherry. Another option would be to dice up a larger variety of tomatoes if you are out of grape tomatoes.
- Basil – Only fresh basil will do. It makes a significant difference in the flavor when it’s fresh.
- Parsley – Chop them up very fine to get the best results. It adds some gorgeous green color to the cold green bean salad with cherry tomatoes.
- Olive Oil – Not only will the olive oil add some flavor, but it will also provide you with some nutrients too.
- Sherry Vinegar – If you don’t happen to have any sherry vinegar, you could also use apple cider vinegar or even red wine vinegar as a replacement.
- Salt and Pepper – You don’t need a lot, just enough to reach your flavor preferences.
- Feta Cheese – The feta is one of the most important ingredients. It adds a tangy flair to the salad that’s so good.
How To Make Easy Summer Green Bean Salad With Cherry Tomatoes and Feta?
Start by boiling water with a little bit of salt in it. Once boiling, add the fresh green beans. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes or until they are crisp-tender. Then drain the beans and place them in an ice-water bath, so they stop cooking.
Take the green beans out of the water and dry them with a paper towel. Put the green beans in a non-reactive bowl, then add in the tomatoes, parsley, basil, olive oil, and sherry vinegar. Toss until combined and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add the Feta cheese and fold gently. Serve right away or place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
How Long Does Easy Green Bean Salad Recipe Last?
As long as you keep the green bean salad with basil and tomatoes in an airtight bowl, it will last for 3-4 days. It should always be chilled until you are ready to serve it.
If you are taking the cold green bean salad with cherry tomatoes to a potluck or somewhere when it’s going to set out for a while, put it on ice. Just fill a bowl with ice and set the bowl with the salad in it. This will prevent it from spoiling early.
Can I Use Different Cheese Instead of Feta?
We love the tangy flavor that’s provided from the feta cheese. However, if it’s not your thing, you can swap it out if you’d rather. Goat cheese is a very suitable choice.
Also, you could chop balls of fresh mozzarella and add it to the salad. Different cheese will give you a slightly different flavored green bean salad.
OXO Salt and Pepper Shaker Set, Clear, Stainless SteelKITEISCAT Extra Large Elegant Ceramic Oval Salad Bowl Set with Premium Acacia Wood Salad Serving Utensils – Large Capacity, Stylish and Practical, Kitchen Must-HaveSelamica Ceramic Dessert Plates Set of 6, Small Salad Plates 6 Inch Appetizer Plates for Kitchen, Mini Dinner Plates for Cake Snacks Side Dish, Microwave Dishwasher Safe, Gift, Assorted ColorsChef Craft Select Serving Spoon, 9.5 inch, Stainless SteelPyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer Safe
When you’re ready to serve, give the salad a final toss and transfer it to a serving dish. Garnish with some fresh basil or parsley and enjoy the simple and refreshing flavors of this Easy Summer Green Bean Salad.
If you want to switch things up, you can add some grilled chicken or shrimp to the salad to make it more filling. You could also try experimenting with different types of nuts or cheeses to find the perfect combination for your taste buds. The options are endless, and the beauty of this salad lies in its simplicity and versatility.
- 1½ pounds fresh green beans (tips removed and cut in half)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook until crisp tender, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
- Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LE TAUCI Cereal bowls 6 inch, House-warming Gift, Ceramic Embossment Stoneware Bowl for Soup, Dessert, Fruits, Salad, Noodle, Ramen - 22 oz, Set of 4, Arctic white
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
Samhita Acacia Wood Salad Bowl, Perfect for Salad, Vegetables Salad Bowl & Decorative Centerpiece Absolute Beautiful with Your Kitchen (9" x 9" x 4")
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 33mgSodium 433mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 9g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.