Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
This Smoked Meatloaf Masterbuilt electric smoker recipe is the perfect dish when craving comfort food. One of our favorite recipes made with 6 ingredients and cooked beautifully, it’s hard to resist a second piece. The classic flavors are just like grandma used to make, plus a touch of smokiness. You should double this recipe so you have leftover meatloaf. This most flavorful meatloaf is made in my electric pellet smoker using cherry wood flavored pellets. To make this moist meatloaf be sure the water pan of your smoker is sufficiently filled.
I don’t know about you, but I love smoked meatloaf! It’s one of my favorite dishes to make in the smoker. Today, I’m going to show you how to make it in your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. It’s really easy and just takes a few minutes to prepare. So, let’s get started!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
Ingredients Needed for Smoked Meatloaf Masterbuilt
Smoked Meatloaf Masterbuilt Recipe Directions
1. Add the ground chuck, eggs, onion soup mix, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Get your hands dirty and mix it up!
2. After you have barely incorporated the ingredients, form it into a loaf shape and place into a loaf pan. I prefer the aluminum pans that can be thrown out when you are done.
3. Make the smoked glaze in a small bowl.
4. Add the glaze or a sticky bbq sauce to the top of this classic meatloaf recipe and place the pan on the smoker rack.
5. Cook in the Masterbuilt smoker for 2 hours. Using a digital thermometer for meat, check the temperature and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Do not use the thermometer on the smoker door for the meat temperature.
*if you feel the top of the meatloaf is getting too dark or burnt, cover it with some aluminum foil.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- No difficult ingredients
- Only 10 minutes of prep
- Cleanup is easy
- Has the right amount of smoke flavor
Expert Tips For Making Smoked Meatloaf
- No need to cover it. There is no need to add tin foil or a lid to the pan when making the smoked meatloaf. It’s going to be really juicy and will also be tender too.
- Use a probe meat thermometer. They make many wireless meat thermometers that you can insert into the meat and read without opening the smoker. It will keep you from losing heat everytime you check the meatloaf.
- Don’t forget the sides. Anything from mashed potatoes to roasted asparagus will go great with this sweet and savory meatloaf.
- Save that grease! I know it’s tempting to throw out the leftover grease, but it tastes amazing on the meatloaf. I recommend spooning some onto each slice right when you get ready to serve it. Trust me; it’s insanely good!
What Kind Of Crackers Should I Use?
I recommend using saltine crackers, but you could really use any kind of crackers that you like. Cheese flavored crackers would also be a great option. Pick anything you already love the flavor of and give it a try!
What Is The Difference Between Ground Chuck And Ground Beef?
The main difference between ground beef and ground chuck is where it comes from on the cow. Ground chuck comes from the meat on the beef shoulders. However, ground beef is everything that is leftover.
Another key difference is that ground beef tends to have a little more fat content than ground chuck. You probably won’t notice a big difference in flavor, so it’s fine to interchange them in recipes.
Can This Smoked Meatloaf Masterbuilt Recipe Be Prepped Ahead?
Yep! You can prepare the meatloaf mixture and sauce up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. It’s best if you have time to set it out for 30 minutes or so before you begin cooking, but it’s not required.
This delicious smoked meatloaf recipe is an easy way to cook up a classic meal and take it to the next level. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this hearty dish on the table in no time. We hope you’ll give our recipe a try – it’s sure to become one of your favorites!
Try one of these other Smoked Recipes:
and don’t forget to try our Smoked Meatloaf Glaze
Add a Splash of Color to your Kitchen with the products from Kana Cast Iron Cookware
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 15 Saltine Crackers
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Smoker to 250 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan.
- Mix the Smoked Meatloaf glaze and pour on top of the meatloaf.
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the1.5 hour mark.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
NOTE: Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 147mgSodium 286mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 33g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.