Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
Satisfy your cravings for comfort food with this Keto Smoked Meatloaf. Classic flavors, but in a low carb dish that the entire family will devour. Parmesan cheese gives it extra flavor that pairs perfectly with the smoky goodness in the meatloaf.
Keto Smoked Meatloaf Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Parmesan Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Lean Ground Chuck
How To Make Keto Smoked Meatloaf
1. Heat your smoker to 250 degrees.
2. Combine the ground chuck and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. It’s best to use your hands, but you could also use a fork.
3. Form a loaf using your hands on a small baking sheet.
4. Put the meatloaf in the smoker and cook for 1 hour. It’s done when it reaches 160 degrees at the thickest part of the meatloaf
Why You’ll Love This Keto Smoked Meatloaf
- It’s the ultimate comfort food.
- The flavors are savory and rich.
- It’s family friendly.
- Moist, delicious, and tender.
- Low carb dish that makes great leftovers.
- Never pack the meat too tightly. When making a meatloaf, the meat should be loosely formed. When you pack it tight, it will end up dense and dry.
- Add your favorite sauce. You can top the keto smoked meatloaf with any low carb ketchup or barbecue sauce. It’s best to add the sauce during the last 30-40 minutes of cooking or drizzle it on top right before serving.
- Make sure not to overcook. If you cook the meatloaf too long, it’s not going to be tender and juicy. As long as the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees and you allow it to rest, it will continue to rise to 165 degrees. Then it’s safe to consume.
- Use a probe thermometer. To ensure that you cook the meatloaf to the proper temperature without over or undercooking, an oven safe meat probe is the way to go. You simply insert it and leave it in the meatloaf while it’s cooking.
- Don’t skip resting period. The resting period is so important to ensure that the meatloaf comes to temperature and remains moist.
How Do You Store Leftover Meatloaf?
Keep the cooled keto smoked meatloaf in an airtight container. Refrigerate for 3-4 days. Additionally, you can wrap the meatloaf with tin foil or plastic wrap then place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
What Can I Use In Place Of Almond Flour?
Almond flour is so important because it is what helps bind the ingredients together. If you want to swap the almond flour, you can use crushed pork rinds instead. They are flavorful and will properly bind the other ingredients.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To The Meatloaf?
Sure! The options are pretty much endless here. Some chopped onions, bell peppers, red pepper flakes, and bacon are a few of my favorite additions. The key is not adding too many extras in large quantities. Adding too much will keep the meatloaf from staying together.
PRO-TIP: When adding bacon, it’s best to pre-cook it and crumble. Then mix into the meatloaf mixture.
Don’t want to use ketchup as you glaze? Try our easy NON- keto Smoked Meatloaf Glaze.
Or try our Easy Smoked Meatloaf In The Oven.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground chuck
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, put all the ingredients together and mix well with your hands or you can use a fork.
- Place the mixture on a small baking sheet in the form of a loaf. Place in the smoker. Insert oven safe probe thermometer into middle of meatloaf or You can take the temp by hand. Smoke for 1 hour at 250°F.
Not all smokers cook at same temp. Be sure to use a thermometer and check on your Meatloaf in 30 minute increments.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 122mgSodium 433mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 28g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
Do you need new cookware? I’m always looking for new Pots & Pans! Look at Xtrema Pure Ceramic Cookware their ceramic cookware is Non- Toxic.