Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
Smoked Meatloaf In A Pan is downright heavenly and oh so easy to make! Friends and family will line up to fill their plates with this tender and incredible meatloaf recipe. Serve to a crowd or keep it all to yourself!
It’s like a party in your mouth! This Smoked Meatloaf is not only delicious, but it’s also a lot of fun to eat. The smoked flavor gives it a unique taste that you’re sure to love.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Ingredients For Smoked Meatloaf In A Pan
How To Make Smoked Meatloaf In A Pan
1. Begin by heating the smoker to 250 degrees.
2. Mix together the stuffing mix, ground chuck, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, eggs, and water.
3. Use your hands to form the mixture into a loaf. Place it inside of a baking pan.
4. Drizzle the top of the meatloaf with the smoked meatloaf glaze. If desired, reserve some sauce for serving.
5. Cook in the smoker for 2 hours. Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. Once it reaches 165 degrees, it is done.
6. Rest the meatloaf in the pan for a minimum of 10 minutes. Serve and devour!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s hearty and filling
- Tastes incredible
- Makes easy leftovers
- Has a great texture
- Can be customized to add variety
- Stuffing mix makes an excellent binder
Expert Tips For Making Smoked Meatloaf
- Swap the ketchup. In the mood for extra zesty flavors? Feel free to swap out the ketchup for your favorite barbecue sauce!
- Prep ahead of time. You can completely combine the ingredients together and place in a covered container in the fridge until you are ready to cook. It can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Place it at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Add veggies. Shred carrots or zucchini and toss into the mixture. Or chop onions and garlic for an added boost of flavor.
- Sprinkle with spices. If you want some added flavor, add some spices. Cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are a few ideas. Add whatever you like!
- Fresh herbs are great too. Chop up some fresh oregano or parsley to add a pop of vibrant color to the meatloaf.
Can I Make Meatloaf Gluten Free?
Yes! You can swap the stuffing mix for gluten free oats, almond flour, or rice cereal. Be sure to crush the cereal into a fine powder before adding it to the meatloaf.
Why Did My Smoked Meatloaf In A Pan Fall Apart?
Typically, when meatloaf falls apart, it’s because you didn’t let it rest long enough after it was cooked. It should always rest for at least 10 minutes, but you can let it rest all the way up to 20 minutes.
Another reason could be that there aren’t enough binding ingredients. Be sure to follow the recipe precisely for best result.
Is It Okay To Use Ground Turkey Instead Of Beef?
Yep, it’s fine to use ground turkey instead of ground beef. Additionally, you could use ground chicken or ground pork too. You could do half turkey and half beef or any other combination of meats that you like.
Other Smoked Meatloaf Recipes You Should Try:
and don’t forget to try our Smoked Meatloaf Glaze
Add a Splash of Color to your Kitchen with the products from Kana Cast Iron Cookware
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing mix, any variety
- 2 lbs lean ground chuck
- ½ cup ketchup, divided
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- Preheat Smoker to 250 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan.
- Mix the Smoked Meatloaf glaze and pour on top of the meatloaf.
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the 1.5 hour mark.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
NOTE: Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 147mgSodium 359mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 32g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.