Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
This Smoked Meatloaf Recipe is packed with flavor, easy to cook, and savory. With minimal ingredients, you will be devouring this wholesome dinner in no time. The glaze is like the icing on the cake because it gives the meatloaf the perfect finishing touch.
Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients
- Ground Chuck
- Instant Rice
- Minced Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Smoked Meatloaf Glaze
How To Make Smoked Meatloaf Recipe
1. Add the ground chuck, eggs, milk, rice, onion, and seasonings in a bowl. Form the meatloaf and place it in an aluminum pan.
2. Prepare the smoked meatloaf glaze and put it on top of the meatloaf.
3. Put the pan in the preheated smoker at 250 degrees and cook for 1 hour.
4. After an hour, check the meatloaf using a meat thermometer. It should reach 165 degrees F.
5. Remove the meatloaf when done, and let lest for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Smokers vary. Some smokers may cook a little faster than others, so it’s essential to keep an eye on the meatloaf. Overcooking will leave it dried out.
- Any minute rice works. We typically go for brown minute rice, but you could just as easily use white minute rice. The rice helps bind the ingredients together and makes it heartier.
- Set aside some glaze. Save a little bit of meatloaf glaze to dip the cooked smoked meatloaf in.
- Use chilled meat. When making meatloaf, you need to make sure to use cold beef. Otherwise, the fat will begin to melt as it sits out, and it will change the texture.
- Mix in some spice. If you like a little heat in your meatloaf, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes. Just don’t add too much!
What Can I Use Instead Of Ground Chuck?
If you don’t have ground chuck when making this smoked meatloaf recipe, you can swap it for ground turkey, ground pork, or even ground chicken. You can also do half of one kind of ground meat and half of another.
Can I Double This Smoked Meatloaf Recipe?
Yes, as long as your smoker is large enough to hold 2 pans, you can easily double this recipe. It makes a great dish to serve to a large group, and they will most likely devour every morsel.
Is It Okay To Sneak In Some Veggies?
Yep! Simply grate onions, peppers, or garlic, so it’s very small, and no one will even realize it’s in there. I recommend using a microplane, so you get the flavor and nutrients, but there aren’t any noticeable chunks. Just keep in mind that adding veggies will change the flavor.
How Long Do Leftovers Last In The Fridge?
After you have let the smoked meatloaf cool down, place it in a food container, and it will last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
Additionally, you can freeze this smoked meatloaf recipe too. I prefer to slice it before freezing, so I can grab a piece for an easy lunch. Keep it airtight, and it will last around 4 months.
We have several Smoked Meatloaf recipes you should try!
Don’t want to always use your smoker? No problem try our Easy Smoked Meatloaf in the Oven.
Grab a good bottle of red wine to go with this recipe from one of our favorite online wine shops, Wired For Wine.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup of Instant Rice- I used Brown
- 1 T Minced Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Smoker to 250 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan.
- Mix the Smoked Meatloaf glaze and pour on top of the meatloaf.
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the 1 hour mark.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 149mgSodium 167mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 33g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.