Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
This is the Best Smoked Meatloaf recipe ever!
It’s no secret that meatloaf is a family favorite. But who says you can’t turn this comfort food into something extra special? With a little creativity, you can easily create the Best Smoked Meatloaf ever! Plus, it’s perfect for any pitmaster out there. So fire up the smoker and get ready to enjoy this delicious dish!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Best Smoked Meatloaf Ingredients
How To Make The Best Smoked Meatloaf
1. Mix together the ground beef, tomato soup, oats, salt, egg, onion, chili powder, and Worcestershire in a bowl.
2. Carefully form into a loaf and place inside of an aluminum baking pan.
3. Drizzle with ketchup and spread evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
4. Put the meatloaf into the preheated smoker (250 degrees F. ) and cook for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. If it hasn’t reached 165 degrees, continue to cook until it does. Add more ketchup before you continue smoking.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple prep makes it breeze to make.
- Delicious flavor and fantastic texture.
- Family favorite recipe.
- Perfect for potlucks and dinner parties.
- Quick smoker recipe.
Expert Tips For Making Smoked Meatloaf
- Go for the barbecue! In the mood for some added zesty flavors? Swap the ketchup for your favorite barbecue sauce instead.
- Pump up the heat. If you love a little spice, go ahead and add some extra chili powder. Also, you can toss in a dash of red pepper flakes for even more fiery flavors.
- Pick a good fat ratio on meat. We typically use an 80/20 ground beef. It has enough fat to keep it juicy, but also is leaner than other mixtures.
- Resting the meatloaf is vital. The reason this is the best smoked meatloaf is because the ingredient are excellent together, but the real secret is resting the meatloaf. It allows all those incredible juices to redistribute properly.
- Loosely make the loaf. Don’t pack the meatloaf together. Just pack it loosely and it will be perfect. Overpacking the meat will dry it out and it won’t be as tasty.
What Can I Use Instead Of Oats?
The oatmeal can be swapped out with bread crumbs or almond flour. Both are great for binding the meatloaf ingredients together and won’t have a huge impact on the flavor.
Can I Freeze Meatloaf?
Absolutely! The best way to freeze meatloaf is slice it into pieces. Then wrap each piece individually with aluminum foil or a piece of plastic wrap. Then put into another freezer container or ziplock bag. It will last for up to 4 months in the freezer.
How Do You Reheat Meatloaf?
I have found to make this the best smoked meatloaf even reheated to add it to a casserole dish along with 1-2 tablespoons of beef broth. Add a piece of tin foil on top and heat at 275 degrees for 20-230 minutes or until it’s hot.
Additionally, you can place it on a plate and cover it with a paper towel. Heat for 30 seconds and check it. Repeat as many times as needed until it’s hot. The only issue with the microwave is it does dry it out if you warm it for too long. So, short internals is the key to ensuring you don’t overcook it.
We cook all our Smoked Meatloaf recipes in Aluminum Pans (Quick & Easy Cleanup!)
Try one of our other Smoked Meatloaf recipes:
Do you love craft Cocktails? We do! However, we sometimes get bored of the same ole thing, do you? Let me tell you about a cocktail solution to your problem…. We Love SaloonBox DIY Cocktail Kits.
Give it a try and let usk know what you think!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 10 ounce can of tomato soup
- 1/12 pounds of ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup, for top of loaf
- Preheat Smoker to 250 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan. Cover the top of the meatloaf with ketchup
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the 2 hour mark. Add more ketchup to the top.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
NOTE: Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 27mgSodium 926mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 4g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.