You are going to want to add this So Simple Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad to your menu for all your summer events. It’s light, refreshing, and pleasing to anyone that tries it. Fresh juicy tomatoes, chopped peppers, crisp cucumbers, whole wheat spaghetti, all tossed in Italian dressing. It doesn’t get much easier!
What do you need to make So Simple Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad?
Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles – This is the star of the show!
Cucumber – Any variety will work. We use English cucumbers a lot.
Roma Tomatoes – You can swap for cherry or grape tomatoes, but Roma’s hold up better.
Green Bell Peppers – The flavor of green peppers is terrific.
Italian Dressing – We use bottled, but homemade is an option as well.
How to make Spaghetti Pasta Salad With Italian Dressing
- Prepare the spaghetti noodles using the directions on the package.
- After the pasta has finished cooking, drain then run cool water over the spaghetti.
- Combine half of the pasta, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Mix in the rest of the veggies, pasta, and dressing and toss to combine.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
While you shouldn’t just live off of pasta, choosing a whole wheat spaghetti noodle will boost the nutrients! Plus, it has a lot more fiber than traditional pasta. It also has way fewer carbs and calories too.
In addition to the pasta, you will also be getting nutrients from the veggies as well. Each of the vegetables or fruits (whatever you want to call them) are packed with vitamin C, potassium, fiber, magnesium, and manganese.
Can I Make With Different Noodles?
Of course, if you want to use different noodles, you can. Using whole wheat noodles is my preference because we want to get the extra nutrients.
You can swap out the wheat noodles for regular spaghetti if you want. Basically, any pasta you enjoy would be something you could try. Just remember when you adjust the recipe, the flavors and textures will be different, and the result may not be the same as my results.
Do I Have To Use Bottled Dressing?
No, you don’t have to use bottled Italian dressing if you don’t want to. I am usually going for healthy and convenient.
If you have a go-to homemade dressing recipe, feel free to use it when making this cold spaghetti pasta salad recipes with Italian dressing. It will be fantastic!
How Long Will Italian Dressing Spaghetti Pasta Salad Last?
This easy Italian spaghetti pasta salad will easily last 3-5 days. If you are hosting a party or event, it is practical to prepare it ahead of time until you are ready to serve.
Plus, it’s great for having for lunch the next day or when you are meal prepping for the week.
Is It Okay To Add Other Veggies and Ingredients To This Italian Pasta Salad with Spaghetti?
Sure! It’s more than fine to add in some extra ingredients or vegetables if you want. Here are some ideas:
Red Bell Peppers
Fresh Chopped Oregano
Try our Easiest Frozen Margarita with this meal!
Other Recipes You might Like:
- Quick Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Catalina Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- Chicken Cutlet Parmesan with Spaghetti
- Skinny Spaghetti Pie
Do you have someone who is tuff to buy gifts for? I have the perfect gift. Give them a Cocktail subscription box from Saloon Box!
- 1 box Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 Cucumber, sliced & quartered
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 8 oz Italian Dressing, add more or less, to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to the package
- Drain and run cool water over pasta
- In a large bowl combine half of the pasta, vegetables, and Italian dressing and mix well
- Add the other half of ingredients and toss until well combined
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 567mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 3g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.