Quick Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
This Quick Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe is the ultimate dinner idea. This one dish dinner idea is filled with zesty flavors, plump shrimp, and perfectly cooked linguine noodles.
You can make an incredible, homemade one pot meal without spending the day in the kitchen. This quick and simple shrimp scampi pasta recipe will wow your family, friends, and dinner guests alike! Best of all, it’s ready in just 15 minutes! Now that’s what I call dinner…
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
- Dry White Wine
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Parsley
- Linguine Noodles
How To Make Shrimp Scampi Pasta
1. Cook linguine according to packaging.
2. Next, melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once melted, add in the shallots and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until softened.
4. Place the shrimp into the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp has turned pink.
5. Pour in white wine, fresh lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
6. Simmer shrimp mixture for 2 minutes.
7. Serve shrimp scampi over a bed of cooked linguine noodles. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Fast and simple
- Fancy or low key dinner idea
- Cleanup is practically effortless
- Family friendly
Tips & Tricks
- Frozen is okay – If you don’t have access to fresh shrimp, frozen is okay. Be sure to thaw it in the fridge overnight for best results. If time doesn’t allow for that, you can also thaw under cool water.
- Don’t overcook shrimp – Cooking the shrimp too long will make it tough and not as tasty. Once it has turned pink, it’s done cooking.
- Cook pasta al dente – You want to ensure you don’t cook the linguine noodles too much. They should be al dente to give you the best texture.
- Lemon wedges – Serve with a few slices of wedges of fresh lemon. Drizzle on the dish before serving for a refreshing burst of tangy flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Size Shrimp Is Best For Scampi?
We typically use medium sized shrimp when making this dish. However, you can use small or even jumbo shrimp if you’d rather. Really, it’s all about what you like. I think medium shrimp are a great pasta to seafood ratio, but that is just my opinion.
How Long Is Shrimp Scampi Good For In The Fridge?
Leftovers will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Allow the leftovers plenty of time to cool down after cooking. This will prevent condensation. Place in a sealed airtight container and refrigerate.
Can Shrimp Scampi Be Frozen?
Yep, it sure can. For best results, let the shrimp scampi pasta cool down all the way. Then place the leftovers inside a freezer safe container. Add a lid and freeze for up to 4 months.
Note: Some people don’t like the texture of frozen pasta. If you are one of those people, I recommend just freezing the shrimp scampi and making the linguine fresh when serving it.
How Do You Reheat Leftovers?
Place leftovers in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil or butter. Heat over medium heat until it’s hot all the way through. You don’t want to overheat it because the shrimp will get a little tough and lose its juiciness.
Pasta Recipes You Should Try:
Shrimp Recipes You Should Try:
Quick Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
Quick Easy Pasta Recipe for dinner tonight!
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz. Linguine, cooked
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat until shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine, lemon juice and red pepper.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve over cooked linguine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
20X20 inch Oversized Dinner Napkins Cotton Flax 12 Pack Natural Premium Quality Mitered Corners With Elegant Lace for Everyday Use Napkins are Pre Shrunk And Good Absorbency With Lace Ivory
Hasense 8 Inches Porcelain Dinner Plates Set of 4 for Salad Dessert Snack Pasta and Appetizer, Brown
AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid, Strainer Lid, Two Side Spouts for Easy Pour with Ergonomic Handle, Multipurpose Sauce Pan with Lid, Sauce Pot (Tri-Ply Capsule Bottom, 2.5 Quart)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 210mgSodium 903mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 24g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
It looks delicious and so easy. I just bought some shrimp yesterday. Thanks for sharing. I am happy to feature your quick shrimp scampi at Love Your Creativity.
Thanks Linda. I hope you enjoy the recipe!