This Catalina Spaghetti Pasta Salad is an excellent refreshing side dish that is a summertime staple! Each bite is filled with spaghetti noodles, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, celery, bell peppers and is drizzled with Catalina dressing.
This Catalina spaghetti salad is bursting with vibrant flavors. It will keep you full and even makes a great light lunch option or meatless meal idea. So, if you are struggling with what to make, give it a try; it doesn’t disappoint.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
How To Make Catalina Spaghetti Pasta Salad
1. Prepare the spaghetti according to the packaging directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Let spaghetti cool.
2. Clean all of the vegetables and chop or dice.
3. Combine the spaghetti noodles, celery, tomatoes, carrots, and bell pepper in a large bowl.
4. Pour the bottle of Catalina dressing over the pasta salad.
5. Using tongs, stir the salad until the vegetables and spaghetti are covered. Chill until you are ready to serve.
Why You’ll Love Cold Spaghetti Salad with Catalina Dressing
- Refreshing and delicious
- Will please a hungry crowd
- Ideal for potlucks, pool parties, and barbecues
- It can be adjusted with your favorite recipes
- Catalina spaghetti salad can be made in advance
Tips & Tricks
- Same size cuts – To make the pasta salad easier to eat, cut the vegetables, so they are similar in size. Plus, it looks prettier too!
- Don’t undercook – While you cook pasta al dente for warm dishes, making a cold pasta salad will make the pasta become too firm as it cools.
- Keep it cold – It’s essential to not leave the Catalina spaghetti pasta salad sitting out for more than 1-2 hours. If it’s going to be out for awhile, keep it on ice, so it doesn’t go bad too quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will pasta salad keep overnight?
Yes, absolutely! As the spaghetti pasta salad sits, it will have even stronger flavors, so making it a day in advance is a great idea. It will last 2-3 days in the fridge without losing flavor or texture. After that, the spaghetti noodles will begin to break down and lose flavor.
How much pasta salad per person for a party?
On average, most party-goers will eat around ¼ – ½ cup of pasta salad. If it’s a potluck where there are many types of salads available, they will probably eat closer to ¼ cup per serving. But if it’s a side dish for a typical meal, it will be more like ½ cup.
Can I use gluten free pasta?
Sure, using gluten free spaghetti noodles is a great option. You’ll just need to cook the spaghetti following the packaging directions and the rest of the directions.
What else can I add to the Catalina spaghetti salad?
Feel free to play with the flavors and add whatever you like to the salad. Here are some tasty ideas to consider trying out:
- Red onions
- Green onions
- Parmesan Cheese
Things You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
De Cecco Enriched Macaroni Product – Spaghetti Pasta (16 oz ea)MICHELANGELO Stainless Steel Saucepan Set 1Qt & 2Qt, Premium 2 Piece Sauce Pan Set German Technology, Sacuepans Set Stainless Steel, 18/10 Stainless Steel Sauce Pans Induction CompatibleKUFUNG Silicone Pasta Fork, Food Grade Noodle Spoon with Natural Wooden Handle, BPA Free, Spaghetti Strainer & Server Spoon (12 inch, Black)Orblue Spaghetti Pasta MeasureSalad Pho Soup Bowls Set for Eating, 55oz Lareina Extra Large Stackable Ramen Pasta Ceramic Serving Bowls, Big Round Microwavable Porcelain Bowls for Kitchen, Ideal Housewarming Gift
Other Recipes You might Like:
- Easy Pea Salad
- Simple Spaghetti Pasta
- Hearty Beef Taco Salad
- Orange Fluff Salad
- Chicken Cutlet Parmesan with Spaghetti
- Skinny Spaghetti Pie
- 1 (16 oz.) Box of Spaghetti
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 16 oz. bottle of Catalina Dressing
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Then drain, rinse, and let cool.
- Wash and prep all of the vegetables.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked spaghetti, carrots, tomatoes, celery, and bell pepper.
- Drizzle the bottle of catalina dressing over the ingredients.
- Use a tong to mix everything together until well combined.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LE TAUCI Cereal bowls 6 inch, House-warming Gift, Ceramic Embossment Stoneware Bowl for Soup, Dessert, Fruits, Salad, Noodle, Ramen - 22 oz, Set of 4, Arctic white
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
CINEYO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, 10-Piece Measuring Spoons and Cups With Colored Soft Silicone Handles - Complete Set of Measure Cups and Spoons For Cooking and Baking,
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 587mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 2g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.