If you’re looking for a light and refreshing fruit salad, go no further than this Easy Orange Fluff Salad. A lovely dessert made with juicy mandarin oranges, luscious whipped cream, and fluffy marshmallows is excellent for any occasion.
With only a few ingredients, this orange fluff dish may be made fast and easily. You may even have the majority of the components on hand!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
What is Orange Fluff?
Orange fluff is a Jello salad that has been around since the 1950s, which is astonishing. Orange jello, whipped cream, and cottage cheese are frequently used. It’s commonly served at summer BBQs, church gatherings, potlucks, and other events.
There are other versions available, but this is my personal favorite. It simply takes around 5 mins max to make this dish. Isn’t that incredible?!
Although it may appear hard or time-consuming, orange fluff salad is actually rather simple.
What should I know before making this orange fluff recipe?
This orange salad recipe is best served after a day in the refrigerator. This is because it has enough time to absorb all of the different flavors and become the best it can be.
If you do decide to add more ingredients, do it one at a time so you can experience the entire variety of tastes in this delectable recipe. You can also sort among the alternatives to find which ones you prefer.
Recipe For Orange Fluff Fruit Salad
This salad just requires a few ingredients, but don’t forget that you may customize it by adding or removing a handful of them.
How to Make Orange Fluff Salad from Scratch
- Prep – Measure out your ingredients.
- Stir – Mix the whipped cream and jello together.
- Serve – Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, serve.
Can I use Instant Pudding in Fluff Salad?
You may substitute vanilla instant pudding for the cottage cheese, but the result would be thinner and sweeter. Some people prefer it this way, but it’s not a common alternative. So, while instant pudding can be used in fluff salads, I wouldn’t recommend it due to the more common tastes.
Is Orange Fluff a dessert or salad?
This question is the subject of some amusing debate. Most of the time, “salad” is added to the name of orange fluff. It is, nonetheless, considered a dessert.
To be clear, fluff salad recipes do not conform to Merriam Webster’s definition of “salad.” So it’s not a salad in the strictest sense of the word. It’s simply a sweet side dish or dessert, depending on how you serve and eat it.
Can you make Orange Fluff Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, you may prepare fluff salad ahead of time. In fact, I strongly advise it to obtain the most flavor from the dish.
This recipe is simple to prepare and preserve in the refrigerator overnight.
Because the orange mandarins may add moisture to the salad, toss them in again before serving.
How do I serve Orange Fluff Salad?
This delicious orange salad goes well with almost any meal, especially those served at parties or potlucks. It’s also delicious as a dessert or a snack on its own.
To change things up or to match a theme, replace the orange jello with another flavor. If you do this, replace the oranges with the fruit that best complements the jello flavor.
This orange fluff dish will undoubtedly be the highlight of your next dinner party, potluck, or family gathering!
Recipes You Might Want To Try:
Need some Cool serving bowls? Look at these for an idea!
- 1 Tub Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- 1 Box Orange Gelatin Powder (3 ounces)
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges, drained (14 ounces)
- 1 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Combine the whipped cream and orange jello powder in a large mixing bowl and mix until no white streaks remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold them in until fully combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
- This can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. You’ll want to cover it with at least plastic when storing it or it will dry out. Do not freeze.
- If you store it in the fridge for at least a day, the flavor has a chance to really soak in and it’s truly the best.
- You’ll want to stir it well after storing it as some of the liquid will migrate to the top. This simply redistributes it evenly.
- The marshmallows will get much gooier once stored. Don’t be alarmed, this is ok and, in my opinion, makes it better.
- Swap out various jello flavors to change up the entire flavor of the salad.
- Other popular add-ins are sour cream, yogurt, fruit cocktail, chopped pecans, etc. Many variances exist for this salad since it’s been around for so many years. So, just adjust it to your preferences.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 5mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 5g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.