Find all of our Tik Tok Cinnamon Rolls Recipes in one location. You will love the different types of Cinnamon Roll Recipes The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
This recipe is truly Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls! Whether you’re a self-proclaimed sugar connoisseur, or an aspiring home baker, these delicious treats will be sure to hit the spot.
Our fluffy cinnamon rolls are full of flavor and made with premium ingredients, so every bite is as heavenly as it looks. Plus, they’re easy to make – just preheat your oven and get baking!
We guarantee that our unbeatable recipe will be the perfect finishing touch for any breakfast treat. Enjoy them warm out of the oven for a classic cinnamon roll experience, or try spreading on our rich Cinnamon Roll Icing for an added level of indulgence.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
Try One Of These Toppings On Your Rolls!
What Ingredients Do I Need For These Rolls?
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
How Do I Make Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls?
Get the oven preheated and ready to go for a tasty treat!
You’ll start by mixing brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and eggs in your stand mixer’s bowl with a paddle attachment. Then add some creamy buttermilk so everything gets even more delicious before stirring five cups of flour into it. If needed, top off with an extra half cup of flour if the dough is still wet – you want it forming one big ball full of potential flavor!
Use the dough hook next (you can kiss goodbye to that paddle) as you knead this delightful mixture for three minutes then turn on a lightly floured surface & roll out into an 18×24 inches rectangle shape all nice ‘n’ thin..
Smear softened butter evenly over top followed quickly after by sprinkles of cinnamon-sugary goodness which needs pressing down firmly before rolling tight like never seen before!
Can I Make The Dough The Day Before Needing?
For irresistible, ready-to-go breakfast cinnamon rolls the next day, prep ahead! Make your dough and roll out those succulent spirals – just don’t forget to cut them before you tuck them into bed in the fridge overnight. In the morning let that deliciousness rise up while preheating away; then bake ’em off with a sweet glaze on top for an unforgettable treat sure to make anyone’s day!
Can I Cut This Recipe In Half?
With a bit of clever tinkering, you can easily halve the recipe! Making fewer (or same-sized) rolls won’t mess up the cooking time. But if you’re feeling adventurous and want to shrink ’em down – just remember to reduce your oven’s timer accordingly.
What are Some Variations To Regular Cinnamon Rolls?
Liven up your cinnamon rolls with exciting and delicious extras!
Get creative by incorporating fragrant spices like pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg. Impart a deeper vanilla flavor to your creations, adding seeds of a real-deal vanilla bean for maximum impact – divide between the dough and frosting. Enhance texture in two ways: toss some raisins over that sweet brown sugar filling, then shower on crunchy pecans at the end!
For an alternative topping option try classic Vanilla Frosting instead of Cream Cheese…then adorn those buns with festive sprinkles (just right for any holiday table) OR bright rainbow specks perfect to celebrate birthdays all year round!
Items You Might Want To Make This Recipe:
Anchor Hocking Oven Basics Glass Baking Dishes, Rectangular Value Pack, Set of 2DOWAN 13Muso Wood Wooden French Rolling Pin for Baking, Beech Wood Tapered Rolling Pin for Fondant Pie Crust Cookie Pastry(French 15.75-Inch)Silicone Baking Mats – Set of 2 Non-Slip Washable Reusable Baking Tray, Heat-Resistant Cooking Bakeware Mat, BPA Free (Gray)Silpat Perfect Cookie Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, 11-5/8Farberware Professional Plastic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3 (Aqua, Gray, White)SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets, 12×16 Inches Non-Stick Precut Baking Parchment, Perfect for Baking Grilling Air Fryer Steaming Bread Cup Cake Cookie and More (Unbleached)
Ready to make your kitchen smell like heaven and fill your tummy with deliciousness? Then get baking! Our fluffy cinnamon rolls are easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they’re perfect for any occasion – from a cozy weekend breakfast to a special holiday treat.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of them!
FOR THE DOUGH
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 5 – 5 1/2 cups flour, plus 1/3 cup more for dusting
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 tsp butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and eggs. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Add the buttermilk and mix well, and then add five cups of flour. Add additional half cup of flour if dough is still wet and doesn’t form a ball.
- Once dough forms a ball, remove the paddle attachment and use the dough hook to knead the dough for three minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle that is roughly 18 x 24 inches. Use a spatula or your fingers to spread the softened butter over the dough, and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Lightly pat the sugar and cinnamon to press it into the butter.
- Roll the dough tightly, beginning with the long end. Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the roll into about 16-18 equal-size pieces.
- Place 12 rolls in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and place the remaining rolls in a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is no longer shiny or soft, but has not yet begun to turn completely brown.
- While the homemade cinnamon rolls are baking, use a fork to whisk together the powdered sugar and heavy cream for the glaze. Use more or less cream depending on the consistency you desire. Spread or pour glaze over hot cinnamon rolls and enjoy them warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
Sweese 520.101 Porcelain Baking Dish, Non-stick Lasagna Pan, Large Rectangular Baking Pan, Casserole Dish, 13 x 9 Inches, White
Parchment Paper Sheets
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 48mgSodium 334mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 0gSugar 31gProtein 2g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.