Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage
Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
This Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage is going to make your taste buds want to dance. This meatloaf is made with a tender combination of sausage and ground beef, bread, seasonings, and topped with a homemade smoked meatloaf glaze.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage Ingredients
- Ground Beef
- White Bread
- Celery Salt
- Garlic Salt
- Dry Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
How To Make Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage
1. Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F.
2. Prepare the smoked meatloaf glaze.
3. Combine the sausage, ground beef, milk, broken bread pieces, onion, seasonings, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
4. Loosely form a loaf and place it inside of a baking dish.
5. Add a layer of smoked meatloaf glaze on top of the loaf.
6. Put the pan into the smoker and cook for 2 hours.
7. Check the smoked meatloaf with sausage and cook until the temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The meatloaf is juicy and flavorful.
- Makes a great meal prep recipe.
- Seasonings can be customized.
- It only takes about 10 minutes of prep time.
Tips For Making Smoked Meatloaf
- Cooking times vary. In a perfect world, the smoked meatloaf with sausage would always take the same amount of time. But in reality, the cooking time can vary depending on your device.
- Use a digital meat thermometer. For best results, use a digital meat thermometer. You’ll get a fast and accurate reading every time. Just be sure to stick the thermometer in the thickest part of the meatloaf.
- Never overmix the meat. Overworking the meat is going to make the meatloaf dry and not near as flavorful. Stay away from mixers and use your hands instead.
- Add some vegetables. One way to sneak in some extra nutrients is to add some shredded veggies. Carrots, peppers, or your favorite veggies are fine. Just make sure the pieces are small to ensure they cook properly.
Can I Use Sausage Only When Making Meatloaf?
Yes, you can use your favorite ground sausage to make the meatloaf. I prefer the flavor of using ground beef with the sausage, but it’s entirely up to you.
Additionally, it’s also fine to swap the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken. They are all delicious but will give you different results.
What Fresh Herbs Can I Add To The Meatloaf?
Any fresh herbs that you like will work. Oregano, green onions, parsley, and thyme are all great options. For best results, add one tablespoon of your favorite herbs in the meatloaf or sprinkle them on top when it’s finished cooking.
Can I Double This Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage?
Yes, there are a couple of options for doubling this meatloaf recipe. You can either use a larger pan and make a bigger loaf (which is going to take a lot longer to cook), or you can cook it inside of two loaf pans.
The biggest issue is going to be the size of your smoker and how much space you have in it. So, check the size of the pans before you begin to make sure they will fit and there is space between them for the air to flow.
Try one of our other Smoked Meatloaf Recipes:
Do you want an easy salad to go with this meatloaf recipe?
Well, try out our Easy Summer Green Bean Salad.
For Dessert, make our Oreo Cheesecake Bar Recipe.
Don’t forget the Cocktails! I would suggest you to try, How To Make the REAL Arnold Palmer!
Smoked Meatloaf with Sausage
Made with a tender combination of sausage and ground beef, bread, seasonings, and topped with a homemade smoked meatloaf glaze.
- 1 ¼ lbs of ground beef
- ¼ lbs sausage
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices of white bread, broken apart
- 1 egg
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat Smoker to 225 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan.
- Mix the Smoked Meatloaf glaze and pour on top of the meatloaf.
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the 2 hour mark.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
Use Our Smoked Meatloaf Glaze on your meatloaf!
NOTE: Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 97mgSodium 636mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 24g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.