Easy Recipe For Pineapple Salsa
You will love this Easy Recipe For Pineapple Salsa. It is Cool and Refreshing and makes the ultimate party side dish! Made with chunks of sweet pineapple, fresh roma tomatoes, colorful bell peppers, cilantro, spicy jalapenos, tangy red onion, and drizzled in fresh lime juice.
If you love to entertain or kick back after a long day with something fun, cool, and delicious, this pineapple salsa recipe is for you! Honestly, it goes over so well; it’s an excellent choice for bridal showers, baby showers, weddings, family reunions…the list goes on and on.
It has the perfect mix of sweetness, savory and spicy flavors. Plus, it gives a stunning presentation with all of the bright and vibrant colors.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
- Roma Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers (green, yellow, and orange)
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Black Pepper
How To Make This Easy Recipe For Pineapple Salsa
1. Make pineapple bowls. Slice the pineapple in half with a large knife. Carefully cut the outer edge of the pineapple while making cuts across the middle from top to bottom. Then gently scoop out the pineapple chunks with a spoon. Remove the core.
2. Place the pineapple in a medium bowl and add the bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Stir well.
3. Place the pineapple salsa in the pineapple bowl and serve. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love Pineapple Salsa
- It will win over any crowd
- Great for summer events, barbecues, and pool parties
- Refreshing and vibrant
- Made with healthy ingredients
- Tastes incredible
- Beautiful presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
When is pineapple in season?
While you can purchase fresh pineapple year round, it’s best during the months of March to July. You find super juicy and sweet pineapple during those months.
How do you choose a ripe pineapple?
When you give a fresh pineapple a gentle squeeze, it should feel fairly firm with a slight give when pressed. Try to pick a pineapple that has a lot more yellow on the exterior. That means it’s riper and will most likely be sweeter. Additionally, you can smell the bottom of the pineapple, and it should have a sweet scent.
How long does pineapple salsa last?
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container and kept in the fridge for 4-5 days. The pineapple bowl does start to go bad quickly, so you can really only save the salsa.
Uses for pineapple salsa?
The uses for this pineapple salsa are pretty much endless! Here are a few of my top ideas:
- Chips – Go traditional and serve the salsa with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Tacos and Fajitas – Give your tacos and fajitas new life by adding some fresh pineapple salsa. YUM!
- Burgers – Add some on top of your burger for a tasty twist.
- Salmon – If you love seafood, why not add a dollop or two of fresh salsa.
- Salads – Mix some into your favorite garden salad.
- Grilled Chicken – I don’t know if there is anything better than a juicy piece of grilled chicken topped with some homemade pineapple salsa. Try it and see!
What You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
MOSFiATA 8MICHELANGELO Kitchen Knife Set 10 Piece, Knife Sets for kitchen, High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set, Colored Kitchen Knifes Set- 5 Knives & 5 Knife Sheath CoversTHY COLLECTIBLES Wooden Bowl Handmade Storage Natural Root Wood Crafts Bowl Fruit Salad Serving Bowls (Large 12OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Mixing BowlSimply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 12 Stainless Steel for Cooking & Baking
Pineapple salsa is the perfect summer dish because it’s light, refreshing, and flavorful. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be tailored to your taste preferences. Give this recipe a try for your next cookout or party!
Other great salsa recipes to try:
Unique Salsa Recipes From Bloggers We Love:
Easy Recipe For Pineapple Salsa
Pineapple salsa is the perfect summer dish because it's light, refreshing, and flavorful.
- 1 ½ cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ cup orange pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, diced
- -Prepare the pineapple bowl, lay the pineapple on its side and carefully cut it in half using a large knife. Please note that this will make two bowls, alternatively you can cut about ⅓ of the pineapple off, leaving the entire stem attached and you will have one large bowl.
- -Using a smaller knife, make a cut around the outer edge of the pineapple and then make cuts across the middle and from top to bottom. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the pineapple chunks. Minus the core, which will be the harder section to cut in the center of the pineapple.
- -Add the pineapple chunks to a medium bowl (for mixing purposes). Next, add the remaining ingredients to the same bowl and mix until well combined.
- -Scoop the pineapple filling into each pineapple bowl before serving. Serve with blue corn or yellow tortilla chips.
The pineapple salsa alone can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The pineapple bowl itself will begin to lose freshness overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wood Cutting Board Set - Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles (3-Pieces)
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
CINEYO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, 10-Piece Measuring Spoons and Cups With Colored Soft Silicone Handles - Complete Set of Measure Cups and Spoons For Cooking and Baking,