Try one of our yummy Glazes for Meatloaf that we have tested an tried just for you. You will definitely love all the different glazes The Wooden Spoon Effect has collected in one location.
Meatloaf is a comfort food that is enjoyed by all, no matter the age. It is something that brings together families and friends at the dinner table. But have you ever added a glaze to your meatloaf? Sweet Meatloaf Glaze can enhance the flavor and add a bit of sweetness to the dish.
Don’t settle for the same old recipe – get creative and try something new with these exciting Meatloaf Recipes. From bold flavors to unexpected ingredients, the possibilities are endless.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
Sweet Meatloaf Glaze Recipe:
How To Make Meatloaf Sweet Glaze?
In a bowl, combine apricot preserves, BBQ Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix well.
Simple Side Dishes:
Why Do You Put Glaze On Meatloaf?
- Adds Flavor: One of the main reasons to add a sweet meatloaf glaze is to enhance the flavor of the dish. A sweet glaze can work wonders in complementing the savory flavor of meatloaf. It adds a depth of flavor that takes the meatloaf to the next level. A sweet and tangy glaze can also help balance out the saltiness and create a perfectly balanced dish.
- Moisture Retention: Another benefit of adding a sweet meatloaf glaze is that it helps retain moisture in the meatloaf. Nothing is more disappointing than a dry and tough meatloaf. By adding a glaze, you not only add flavor but also ensure that your meatloaf stays moist and tender. This is especially important when using lean meats that tend to dry out during the cooking process.
Variations To Sweet Meatloaf Glaze:
- Add some spicy kick to your glaze by adding a few drops of hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Substitute the ketchup in the recipe with BBQ sauce or tomato sauce to switch up the flavor profile.
Meatloaf is a comforting dish, but it can sometimes be a bit bland. That’s why this glaze is an excellent way to add a touch of flavor and excitement to this classic dish. This glaze is easy to make, can be adjusted to fit your preferences, and makes your meatloaf more tender and moist.
So, next time you’re making meatloaf, why not try out this sweet glaze recipe and see how it elevates your dinner to the next level?
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- In a bowl, combine Apricot Preserves, BBQ Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Riveira Wooden Spoons for Cooking 6-Piece Bamboo Utensil Set Apartment Essentials Wood Spatula Spoon Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set Premium Quality Housewarming Gifts Wooden Utensils for Everyday Use
CINEYO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, 10-Piece Measuring Spoons and Cups With Colored Soft Silicone Handles - Complete Set of Measure Cups and Spoons For Cooking and Baking,
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 841mgCarbohydrates 82gFiber 1gSugar 59gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.