All of our Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Oatmeal Cookies The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
There’s nothing quite like a freshly baked oatmeal creme pie. The perfect blend of spices, oats, and molasses, with a creamy filling that melts in your mouth. Our recipe for oatmeal creme pies is the perfect way to enjoy this nostalgic treat. Plus, It has been considered and amazing Copycat recipe of the Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies.
For generations, oatmeal creme pies have been enjoyed as a delicious snack or dessert. Our recipe is simple and easy to follow, so you can bake up a batch of these treats anytime you crave them. Whether you’re looking for a tasty snack or a nostalgic dessert, our oatmeal creme pies are sure to hit the spot.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Or if you are looking for a regular ol’ cookie here’s one to try, Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies!
What’s In Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies?
- Butter- Always buy unsalted butter for baking, then add salt as needed. This is a quality-control technique to produce better baked goods.
- Vanilla– To add that little extra something.
- Sugar- Sweeten things up.
- Light Brown Sugar- Brown sugar is soft and fluffy and needs to be packed into the measuring cups for proper portioning. Always pack brown sugar when measuring, unless the recipe states otherwise.
- All Purpose Flour- When in doubt, always go with “all purpose” flour.
- Old-Fashioned Oats- The kind of oats that is best for cookies. Do not use quick oats.
- Baking Soda
- Cinnamon– the star of the show.
- Salt– All baked goods taste better with a touch of salt.
What Is Oatmeal Creme Filling Made Of?
- Cream Cheese- a creamy base for the filling.
- Powdered Sugar
How Oatmeal Creme Pies Are Made
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients: melted butter, milk, molasses, vanilla extract and both sugars. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and old-fashioned oats on top of the wet mixture. Mix together until combined.
Take the prepared baking sheet and with a large cookie scoop add the cookie batter onto the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
While that is baking, in a medium bowl combine the dairy free cream cheese and butter. Use a whisk or hand mixer to blend in the powdered sugar until a thick frosting has formed. Add the vanilla and 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk, use your judgment based on how thick the frosting is. Scoop the frosting into a plastic bag or piping bag and snip about ½ inch from the end of the bag.
Once out of the oven, let the cookies cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Take the frosting bag and pipe a circular layer of frosting on half of the cookies on the baking sheet. Take the other half of the cookies and place on top to create the creme pies.
Are Oatmeal Cream Pies Dairy Free?
These sure can be! Use a vegan butter in place of the unsalted butter. Use an Oat milk for the milk needed in the recipe. Also, use a dairy free cream cheese in the icing!
Are Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies Healthy?
There are lots of ways to make this super healthy and vegan! You could use substitutes like the ones I listed, or you can just opt for a plant-based diet instead.
How Long Does Oatmeal Creme Pies Last?
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that’ll last longer than your average slice of cake, then these pies might be just what the doctor ordered. Place one in an airtight container and they should stay good until day five!
What You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
Pyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer SafeWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet Pan200pcs Disposable Icing Piping Bags – 12 Inch Pastry Bag Frosting Bags for Cake Cookies Baking Decorating – Plastic Tipless Piping BagsTILUCK measuring cups and magnetic measuring spoons set, 5 stainless steel measuring cups, 6 double-sided stainless steel measuring spoons & 1 leveler (5+7)
If you’re in the mood for a classic dessert, this oatmeal creme pie recipe is perfect. It’s easy to make and it will remind you of your childhood. Whether you’re baking them for a party or just for yourself, this homemade version of Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream pies are sure to be a hit.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on this delicious recipe today!
Try one of these other quick desserts as well!
- Chocolate Fudge with Pretzel Topping
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Applesauce Brownie Bars
- Chocolate Date Balls
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup milk, (oatmilk used)
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups of dry oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dairy free cream cheese (Kite Hill brand used)
- ⅓ cup dairy free butter (Olive Oil butter used)
- 2 ½ - 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, (oatmilk used)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the melted butter, milk, molasses, vanilla and both sugars.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and oats on top of the wet mixture.
- Mix together until combined
- Take the prepared baking sheet and scoop 3x3 inch rounds of the cookie batter onto the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While that is baking, in a small mixing bowl combine the dairy free cream cheese and butter.
- Use a whisk or hand mixer to blend in the powdered sugar until a thick frosting has formed.
- Add the vanilla and 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk, use your judgment based on how thick the frosting is.
- Scoop the frosting into a plastic bag or piping bag and snip about ½ inch from the end of the bag.
- Once out of the oven, let the cookies cool for 20 minutes.
- Take the frosting bag and pipe a circular layer of frosting on half of the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Take the other half of the cookies and place on top to create the creme pies.
- When taking the cookies out of the oven, they should not be super firm. You want them to still be soft just like the classic oatmeal creme pie cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Parchment Paper Sheets
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
11 Inch Baking Sheets Pan Nonstick Set of 2, Walooza 1-inch Deep Baking Trays, 11X9 Inch Cookie Sheet Replacement Toaster Oven Tray, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1046Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 92mgSodium 615mgCarbohydrates 178gFiber 3gSugar 138gProtein 7g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.