When the leaves begin to change and the air fills with a crisp coolness, we all know what time it is. It’s Halloween season, a time of fun, frights, and, most importantly, fantastic food! There’s no better way to celebrate this spooky season than by creating some delicious homemade Oreo Balls For Halloween (Monster Truffles).
Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a recipe that not only captures the essence of Halloween but also promises to be an absolute hit at any gathering – the Monster Truffles made using Oreo cookies.
Save this recipe for all your Leftover Halloween Candy!
Oreo Balls for Halloween are the perfect blend of spooky and sweet. They’re not only delicious but also fun to make, providing a great opportunity for kids to get involved in the kitchen and let their creativity shine.
Ingredients Needed For Monster Truffles:
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese, softened
- White Candy Melts
- Assorted candy eyes and sprinkles for decoration
How To Make Oreo Balls For Halloween?
- Crush the Oreos: Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Mix in Cream Cheese: In a large bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and the softened cream cheese. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and you have a thick, moldable mixture.
- Form the Truffles: Using a cookie scoop or your hands, shape the mixture into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. Freeze them for about 30 minutes to allow them to set.
- Melt the Candy: While the truffles are chilling, melt the white candy according to the package instructions.
- Dip and Decorate: Once the truffles are firm, dip each one into the melted candy, ensuring it’s fully coated. While the coating is still wet, add your candy eyes and sprinkles to create your monster faces. Let them set completely.
And voila! Your Monster Truffles are ready to steal the show at your Halloween party!
Best Way To Store Oreo Balls For Halloween?
- Storage: Store these truffles in an airtight container in the fridge. They can last up to a week when properly stored.
- Freezing: Yes, these truffles can be frozen! Just wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer-safe bag. They can last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Halloween Oreo Balls:
Tips & Tricks For Oreo Balls:
- All-Year Fun: Don’t limit these treats to just Halloween! You can use different colored candy melts and decorations to adapt these truffles for any holiday. Red and green for Christmas, pastels for Easter, or even just fun, bright colors for a birthday party!
- Easy Halloween Cake Pops
- Cute Halloween Cake Pops
- Cake Pops For Halloween
- Halloween Cake Pops Recipe
No matter how you choose to decorate or serve these Monster Truffles, they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So get creative, have fun, and most importantly, enjoy these deliciously spooky treats!
- 35 Oreos
- 1 pkg cream cheese, room temp
- 1 pkg White Candy Melts, White Chocolate Chips or Almond Bark
- Black Writing Gel or Candy Eyes
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the oreos until you have crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and blend until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the dough has firmed up. This makes it easier to work with the dough.
- While the oreo truffles are in the freezer, melt the candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer, roll each ball of dough out into a round ball using the palm of your hands. Then, using a fork, coat the entire truffle, setting back onto the parchment paper. Place the candy eyes on the top or the side of the truffle while still wet to allow to harden. If you are using sprinkles, add those at this time as well.
- Once you have completed this step allow the chocolate to harden and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
11 Inch Baking Sheets Pan Nonstick Set of 2, Walooza 1-inch Deep Baking Trays, 11X9 Inch Cookie Sheet Replacement Toaster Oven Tray, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
Rainbow Road Sprinkles Mix| Birthday Cake Cupcake Cookie colorful Sprinkles| Ice Cream Candy Rainbow Sprinkles| Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Pink Purple Silver Gold Metallics decorating Sprinkles ,2OZ
Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor, 1000 Peak Watts, 4 Functions for Chopping, Slicing, Purees & Dough with 9-Cup Processor Bowl, 3 Blades, Food Chute & Pusher, Silver
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 74mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.