[Crockpot] Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Winter is approaching quickly, and there is nothing better than relaxing with a warm cup of this Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate. This is so easy to make and is so creamy, full of mint flavor, and perfectly sweet.
Here is our Savory yet sweet Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe. This will make your cold winter evening feel warm and cozy.
What do you need to make Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate?
Whole Milk – To get that rich, creamy texture, use whole milk.
Heavy Cream – You are going to love how velvety it is!
Baking Chocolate – Chop it up, so it’s very fine, and it will melt better.
Vanilla – Just a taste of vanilla makes all the difference.
Brown Sugar – To sweeten the deal, use a little bit of brown sugar, and you’ll be amazed!
Sugar – Combine white sugar, and brown sugar gives you the best flavor ever.
Peppermint Creamer – Any brand will work fine and will enhance the hot cocoa.
Crushed Peppermint – To get even more vibrant peppermint flavor add some crushed peppermint.
Whipped Cream – While it’s optional, I don’t think there is anything better than whipped cream with my hot chocolate.
Peppermint Chunks – Adding some extra peppermint chunks will be the perfect garnish.
How To Make Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Add the heavy cream and the milk into your crockpot.
Mix in the baking chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Use a whisk to make sure everything is incorporated.
Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 3 hours. Be sure to use a whisk to stir it every hour.
When you have one hour left, pour in the peppermint creamer and the crushed peppermint.
After the time is up, stir the hot chocolate really well.
Pour in coffee mugs, add some whipped cream, and top with some chunks of peppermint. Enjoy!
Can I Omit The Peppermint?
Sure! If you decide to omit the peppermint flavor, that is more than fine. You can use any variety of creamer that you like to replace the peppermint creamer. You could use a caramel-flavored creamer or other flavors that you enjoy. It’s a super versatile recipe, and as long as you use the base, you prepare many different varieties.
How Do I Store Leftover Hot Cocoa?
If you end up with some leftovers, that’s no problem at all. They can easily be saved. You will need to let it cool down to room temperature. Then pour it inside of a glass or plastic container that has a tight-fitting lid. Keep it airtight in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How Do You Reheat Hot Chocolate?
There are a few methods that work for reheating crockpot peppermint hot chocolate.
- My favorite method is to put it in a saucepan and heat it using low-medium heat. Stir frequently, so it doesn’t burn to the pan. Once it’s hot, you can serve.
- Another option is to put it back into the slow cooker. You can heat it on high and stir every hour like you did when you made it the first time. I use this method when I have a lot to reheat.
- Lastly, you can pour the hot cocoa into a microwave-safe mug and heat it up for a minute or so. Check it and stir. If it needs a little more time, you can heat it a little bit longer until it’s hot.
What Should I Serve With Homemade Hot Chocolate
If you are hosting an event or serving a hot chocolate bar, there are several things your guests may enjoy. Here are a few ideas:
Mini Candy Canes
Need a cookie idea? Try our
More Delicious Recipes To Try:
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Treats with White Chocolate and Peppermint
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cocktail
Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 8 oz 60% Baking Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Peppermint Creamer
- ¼ cup peppermint, crushed
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Peppermint Chunks (optional)
- Pour in milk and heavy cream to a medium to large sized crockpot.
- Add in chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Whisk until very well incorporated.
- Cook for 3 hours on high, thoroughly whisking every hour.
- On the last hour of cooking, add in crushed peppermint and creamer.
- Once it’s finished cooking, whisk the mixture well.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh peppermint chunks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 58mgSodium 72mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 4gSugar 17gProtein 8g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.