All of our Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Oatmeal Cookies The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
These easy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies will give you all the snuggled into a warm blanket feels. There’s obviously nothing quite like walking into a home and smelling fresh cookies, and this recipe is especially wonderful and easy! You’ll love how great they taste and enjoy how quick and easy they are to make. The cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar along with the distinctive taste of applesauce makes these cookies an unforgettable treat.
What Ingredients Are Used To Make Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies?
- All Purpose Flour- When in doubt, always go with “all purpose” flour.
- Baking Soda
- Butter- Always buy unsalted butter for baking, then add salt as needed. This is a quality-control technique to produce better baked goods
- Sugar- helps cookies spread, adds a more crisp texture to cookies, and surface cracking due to crystallization, which can be desirable depending on the type
- Brown Sugar
- Rolled Oats
How To Make Our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat until blended, scrape the bowl of the mixer.
- Turn the mixer on low, add the applesauce and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the oats.
- Use 1 inch cookie scoop and drop on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 395 for 8 minutes.
Can you make our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies vegan?
Yes, If you’d like the Applesauce oatmeal cookies vegan, you can swap the butter for a vegan butter substitute- I like Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread and use an egg substitute like JUST egg.
This recipe can also be made into a Diabetic Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie Recipe by using unsweetened apple sauce, Swerve sugar substitute and using Swerve brown sugar.
Try another of our awesome dessert recipes:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup rolled oats
Preheat oven to 395 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the egg to the butter and sugar and beat until blended.
With mixer on low add the applesauce and dry ingredients.
Fold in the oats.
Use 1 inch cookie scoop and drop on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 395 for 8 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 18mgSodium 112mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
Try our Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies made in the Slow Cooker!