All of our Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Oatmeal Cookies The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
If you’re in the mood for a delicious and healthy cookie, then you have to try Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies! This is an easy recipe to make and perfect for a quick snack and will become a family favorite. Plus, they’re loaded with fiber and antioxidants, which means they’re good for your health too.
So what are you waiting for?
Give them a try today!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
What Ingredients Are Used To Make Low-Fat Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies?
- All Purpose Flour– When in doubt, always go with “all purpose” flour.
- Baking Soda
- Butter- Always buy unsalted butter for baking, then add salt as needed. This is a quality-control technique to produce better baked goods
- Sugar- helps cookies spread, adds a more crisp texture to cookies, and surface cracking due to crystallization, which can be desirable depending on the type
- Brown Sugar
- Old Fashioned Oats NOT quick oats
Purchase The Ingredients For This Recipe With This Link >>> Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
How To Make Our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- In a large bowl, pour the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the wet Ingredients: butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat until blended, scrape the bowl of the mixer.
- Turn the mixer on low, add the unsweetened applesauce and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the oats.
- Use 1 inch cookie scoop and scoop the cookie dough into dough balls and drop on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place the baking sheet in the center of your oven to bake.
- Bake at 395 for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Can you make our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies vegan?
Yes, If you’d like the Applesauce oatmeal cookies vegan, you can swap the butter for a vegan butter substitute- I like Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread and use an egg substitute like JUST egg.
This recipe can also be made into a Diabetic Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie Recipe by using unsweetened apple sauce, Swerve sugar substitute and using Swerve brown sugar.
Things You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Ice BlueFarberware Professional Plastic Measuring Cups with Coffee Spoon, Set of 5, Colors may varyTILUCK Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set, Stainless Steel Dual Sided Spoons Set of 8, Stackable Teaspoon Tablespoon (Colorful)Rachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Cookie Pan Set, 3-Piece, Gray with Agave Blue GripsParchment Paper Baking Sheets by Baker’s Signature | Precut Non-Stick & Unbleached – Will Not Curl or Burn – Non-Toxic & Comes in Convenient Packaging – 12×16 Inch Pack of 1202 Pack Heavy-Duty Cooking Rack, 10×16
If this is your first time making these Healthy oatmeal cookies they go great with a cup of coffee, cup of tea or glass of milk. Be careful because they are so good the entire batch will be gone the next day! Our low-fat cookie can also be turned into oatmeal raisin cookies by adding some raisins.
This recipe will become one of your go to easy cookie recipes! If you fix these cookies please don’t forget to give us a 5 star rating!
Try another of our awesome dessert recipes:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup rolled oats
Preheat oven to 395 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the egg to the butter and sugar and beat until blended.
With mixer on low add the applesauce and dry ingredients.
Fold in the oats.
Use 1 inch cookie scoop and drop on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 395 for 8 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 18mgSodium 112mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.