Impress your friends and family by learning How To Make Blueberry Peach Galette. Flaky delicious crust, filled with sweetened peaches and ripened blueberries. You will get a hint of almond flavor that is delectable and the perfect compliment with the fruit. Great for dinner parties, get-togethers, and even brunch!
What do you need to make Blueberry Peach Galette?
All-purpose flour – The base of the crust is the flour; for best results, use all-purpose flour.
Butter – It’s best to use unsalted butter. It’s essential to only use very cold butter.
Cottage cheese – I prefer to use small-curd because it gives you a fantastic texture in the rustic blueberry peach galette.
Almond extract – We love the flavor that the almond extract provides, but you can substitute vanilla extract if you want.
Light brown sugar – You will need some brown sugar for the pie filling as well as sprinkling on top.
Peaches – For best results, use fresh peaches. If you don’t have access to fresh, you could use frozen, but you’ll need to thaw them out and drain off any juices.
Fresh blueberries – Again, you should always try to use fresh blueberries. They give you the best results. If you opt to use frozen, you’ll need to run them under cool water, let them sit for 10 minutes and drain off liquid.
Corn starch – Don’t be tempted to leave out the corn starch. It’s what thickens the filling and makes it perfect!
Egg – This blueberry peach galette recipe is going to look stunning when you use the egg on the crust. It will give it a golden brown appearance.
How To Make This Easy Blueberry Peach Galette
Combine the flour and cold butter in a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry blender until you notice pea-sized clumps.
Add the cottage cheese to the flour mixture and mix with a spoon until combined. Roll it into a ball with your hands.
Place plastic wrap around the dough ball and chill in the fridge for one hour.
Heat up the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the blueberries and peaches into a large bowl. Sprinkle in ¼ cup of brown sugar, almond extract, and cornstarch. Toss the fruit gently to cover in the mixture and set aside.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it into a 12-inch circle. It’s easiest to place the dough on a piece of parchment paper that has been lightly dusted with flour. Transfer the dough and parchment paper to a baking sheet.
Use a spoon and add the fruit to the center of the dough, leaving 2-inches around the edges.
Fold the edges fo the crust over and crimp them as needed.
Beat the egg and lightly brush it over the edges of the crust. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake the blueberry peach galette in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Place the galette on a cooling rack and let rest until cool. Slice and enjoy it!
What Is A Galette?
A galette is essentially a pie that is flaky and filled with savory or sweet ingredients. They do not have a top and are open so that you can see the stunning fillings. They started out in France and have become a well-known dish all over the world nowadays.
How Do You Store Blueberry Peach Galette?
After letting the galette cool down, place it into a container that is airtight. It will last in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Additionally, you can freeze the galette too. Cover it tightly and freeze for 2-3 months. They can be thawed in the fridge before serving.
Can I Use a Pre-Packaged Dough?
Yes, if you wanted to make this galette with puff pastry that has been pre-packaged, that’s fine. I prefer to make my own because I love the texture and flavor. But either way works fine!
Try one of our other Desserts as well!
Things you might want to display and serve this recipe: (click on picture to purchase)
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter (cold, cut into small slices about ⅛ inch thick)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (small curd)
- THE REST
- ½ tsp almond extract (can substitute vanilla)
- ½ cup brown sugar (light)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (light, save to sprinkle on after egg wash)
- 3 medium peaches (slice medium thin, with or without skin)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg (beaten to use as wash)
- Place flour and cold sliced butter into a mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is the size of small peas.
- Add cottage cheese and mix with a spoon until combined. Using your hands, shape into a ball.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Add ¼ cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. Gently toss to coat the fruit. Set aside.
- Roll dough to a 12-inch circle on a piece of flour-dusted parchment paper. Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spoon fruit mixture onto dough circle, and spread toward edges, leaving about 2-inches all around without fruit.
- Fold dough edges over, crimping and pleating edges as needed all around.
- Brush the beaten egg over crust edges and sprinkle with the 1-tbsp. brown sugar.
- Bake on center rack of the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a cooling rack and cool before slicing.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 576Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 89mgSodium 412mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 9g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.