Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
Find all of the Chicken Recipes The Wooden Spoon Effect has to offer located for you in one place!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken with Coconut Rice is sure to make your taste buds dance. Each taste you will find plump, juicy chicken, chunks of pineapple, onions, bell peppers, and coconut rice. The sauce alone is so good you could eat it with a spoon! It has the perfect amount of sweet and spiciness.
Pineapple Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- Salt & Pepper
- Pineapple Juice
- Chicken Broth
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sriracha Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Ginger Powder
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Sesame Seeds
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
- Basmati Rice
- Sea Salt
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Green Onions
How To Make Chicken & Pineapple
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Combine the melted butter, chicken broth, pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, ginger, and pineapple in a large bowl. Mix well and pour over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the crockpot and set aside.
- Combine the cornstarch with cold water using a whisk. Gently stir into the slow cooker.
- Add in the red onion and bell pepper.
- Place the cooked chicken back into the slow cooker and cook for one hour. The veggies should be soft and the sauce should be thicker when it’s done.
- Prepare the rice by boiling water, coconut milk, and salt in a pan.
- Add in the recipe and turn the heat to low. Cook until the rice is tender. Take off the heat and sprinkle with green onions.
- Place a helping of chicken with pineapple on top of the fluffy coconut rice and devour.
Can I Use Different Rice?
Sure, if you would rather use different rice that isn’t a problem. While I prefer using basmati rice for this pineapple chicken recipe, you could also use minute rice. Whatever rice you use, follow the packaging directions for cooking times so it doesn’t end up mushy. No one wants to eat soggy rice.
How Long Does Pineapple Chicken Last?
This recipe for pineapple chicken is great because it will actually last up to 4 days in the fridge. It needs to be stored in a sealed container. You can reheat it in the microwave or in a skillet over low-medium heat. It’s great for meal prepping too.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple?
Yep! When I am in a time-crunch I opt for canned pineapple, but fresh pineapple is amazing. The cool thing about using fresh pineapple is that you can cut the pineapple lengthwise and gently remove the flesh. Then you have a festive bowl you can serve the pineapple chicken out of. Trust me…it’s a huge crowd pleaser!
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Sure! Chicken thighs are a fattier cut of meat, so keep that in mind. You for sure need to use boneless skinless chicken thighs because it wouldn’t be fun to fish bones out of your meal. The cook time will be the same, so there isn’t anything you will need to do differently.
More Dinner Ideas
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken with Coconut Rice
- Pineapple Chicken
- 8 Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 cup can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds - garnish
- 2 tablespoons parsley - garnish
- Coconut Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened Coconut
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place in slow cooker
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter, pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, garlic powder, ginger, and chunked & crushed pineapple until well combined then pour over the chicken
- Cook on low 5 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside
- Whisk cornstarch with ¼ cup water and stir into slow cooker
- Stir in bell pepper and onion
- Return chicken to slow cooker and cook and additional hour on high until veggies soften and sauce thickens
1. Bring water, coconut milk, and salt to a boil
2. Stir in rice, reduce to low and cook until rice is tender
3. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and green onion
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 570Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 89mgSodium 1068mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 3gSugar 35gProtein 32g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.