Homemade Blueberry Cookies are Tik Tok Famous! When you sink your teeth into one of these irresistible cookies you are going to be in food heaven. You notice the bright vibrant color right away, but they taste even better than they look. Make them for any occasion or take them to office parties, potlucks, or barbecues.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Homemade Blueberry Cookies Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Vegan Butter
- Frozen Blueberries
- White Chocolate Chips
How To Make Blueberry Cookies Recipe
- Combine the salt, flour, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the frozen blueberries in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. They will soften and be similar to the texture of jam. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the vegan butter and sugar until they become creamy, light, and fluffy.
- Fold in the blueberries and mix until they are incorporated well.
- Gently add in the dry ingredients a little at a time and stir after each addition.
- Add in the chocolate chips or chocolate shavings and mix.
- Place the dough in the freezer and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Warm the oven to 400 degrees.
- Shape the cookie dough into 12 equal sized cookie balls. Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the homemade blueberry cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. Serve, and enjoy!
Tik Tok Blueberry Cookies Tips
Now that you know how to make tik tok blueberry cookies, it’s time to talk about a few tips to ensure the results are perfect.
- Never overmix the cookie dough. When you stir the cookie dough too much there will be little tiny bubbles that form. This is going to cause your blueberry cookies to fall flat and be dull. So, only mix the ingredients until they are barely incorporated.
- Always use softened butter. If you try to cream the butter while it’s cold, it’s not going to work. It will end up super lumpy and will affect the texture of the cookies too.
- Double check your oven temperature. It’s a good idea to periodically double check your oven temp. If it’s running too hot the cookies will burn quickly or if it’s not hot enough they will be undercooked. Make adjustments as needed to ensure all of your baked goods are cooked at the proper temperature.
- It’s vital to warm the blueberries. You just can’t get the beautiful purple results without warming the blueberries. I also don’t recommend using fresh blueberries because it just won’t be the same.
Homemade Blueberry Cookies FAQs
Can I Use Different Fruit?
While I haven’t tried any other kind of fruit yet, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Raspberries or strawberries would both work similar to blueberries. Be sure to only use frozen fruit and to microwave it. Because strawberries are larger, you may need to heat them a little bit longer to get the correct texture.
Is It Okay To Use Regular Butter?
Sure! You can swap the vegan butter for regular unsalted butter. Or if you opt to use salted butter, omit the salt in the recipe.
How Long Do Cookies Last?
Leftover blueberry cookies will last up to 4 days at room temperature. Keep them in a sealed container and away from heat or steam. Additionally, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw before serving and enjoy.
Other great recipes to try containing blueberries:
or try one of our other cookie recipes:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, softened
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or shavings
In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt - set aside
Thaw blueberries in microwave for about 1 minute until berries are soft and jam like - let cool
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Add in blueberries and mix on high until fully incorporated
Fold in dry ingredients gradually
Mix in white chocolate
Chill dough in freezer for about 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Shape into 12 equal size balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet
Bake 10-12 minutes
Let cool, serve, and enjoy!