Do you ever get tired of the same old thing? I know I do, so I was on a mission to create something amazing and can’t wait to show you. Learn How To Make Blueberry Crumb Bars, and you will have a new favorite treat. This recipe resembles blueberry muffin larabars, but they are much less expensive. They are filled with rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, apple pie spice, blueberry preserves, and has a hint of almond extract and chopped almonds.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
What do you need to make Blueberry Crumb Bars?
Nonstick Cooking Spray – Of course, this is so you can get the blueberry bars out in one piece instead of a broken mess. So don’t skip this ingredient!
Rolled Oats – For best results, use minute-oats instead of old-fashioned oats. The texture will be much more pleasant.
Flour – We use a combination of wheat flour and all-purpose flour in these yummy blueberry bars.
Brown Sugar – The sweetness comes from the packed brown sugar in this recipe.
Apple Pie Spice – Using apple pie spice takes this recipe to an entirely new level of amazing. It’s the perfect amount too.
Butter – The butter is essential to bring the ingredients together correctly.
Slivered Almonds – I love having a little bit of a crunch in my blueberry muffin bars, and almonds give me the right amount of crispy goodness.
Blueberry Preserves – The preserves are where you get all the sweet blueberry flavor from.
Almond Extract – I may be addicted to using almond extract! It gives you a light almond flavor that’s not overwhelming or strong.
How To Make Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Warm up the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking pan with foil.
- Make sure you let the foil extend up over the edges. This will make it easier to get the blueberry bars out.
- Lightly spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Mix the oats, both kinds of flour, brown sugar, and apple pie spice in a large bowl.
- Take a pastry blender and add in the butter.
- Mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add ¾ cup of the crumb mixture to a bowl and fold in the almonds.
Take the rest of the blueberry crumb mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. Bake the crumb crust for 10 minutes.
- Combine the blueberry preserves and almond extract in a bowl. Then spread the mixture on top of the crumb crust. Add the reserved almond crumb crust on top and slightly press it down.
- Bake the blueberry bars for 20 – 25 minutes. The top will be golden brown when done. Let it cool on a wire rack. After the bars are cool, lift up the foil pieces and cut them into evenly shaped bars.
What is the Best Way to Store Blueberry Crumb Bars?
Wrap up each of the blueberry crumb bars in pieces of aluminum foil. You can add them to another container or ziplock bag if you want, but it’s not required. Keep them in the pantry or in the fridge, depending on your preference.
How Long Do Blueberry Crumb Bars Last?
The blueberry crumb bars will last 3-4 days. If you want them to last longer, you can put them in a storage container and freeze them. Then they will last up to 2 months. Thaw and eat them!
Can I Swap the Blueberry Preserves For Something Else?
Absolutely, you can switch the blueberry preserves for a variety of flavors. Honestly, this recipe is super versatile, so you can try all sorts of fruits. Here are a few of our favorite flavors.
Try another of our “How To” Recipes:
Other great recipes to try containing blueberries:
Blueberry Recipes from a few blogger friends:
How To Make Blueberry Crumb Bars
Blueberry crumb Bars are filled with rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, apple pie spice, blueberry preserves, and has a hint of almond extract and chopped almonds.
- 1¾ cup quick rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup slivered almonds (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup blueberry preserves
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil up over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Using a pastry blender, cut in light butter until mixture is crumbly. Transfer 3/4 cup of the crumb mixture to a small bowl; stir in almonds and set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the preserves and almond extract. Carefully spread preserves evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press lightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan using foil and cut into bars.