The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
The sweet distinctive aroma of The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies will have you counting down with the oven timer until you can pull the warm gooey goodness of these cookies out of the oven.
While the cookies are still warm -NOT HOT- pour yourself a large glass of ice cold milk for dunking The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies To Date into and enjoy!
Many years ago, my husband was on staff at a local church as the overseeing pastor for their Ministry School. The wife of one of the other pastors made the best chocolate chip cookies. She claims she used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag but I could never make mine taste like hers. So, through the years I have made many batches of cookies trying to emulate her chocolate chip cookies. Thus, my recipe for “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie To Date” was born.
I’ve been testing chocolate chip cookie recipes for what feels like forever now, and I finally have a winner. These cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside while being soft and chewy on the inside. Plus, they’re loaded with chocolate chips – so you know they taste amazing. Trust me, once you make these cookies, you’ll never want to go back to your old recipe again.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Cookies:
Light brown sugar – Brown sugar is soft and fluffy and needs to be packed into the measuring cups for proper portioning. Always pack brown sugar when measuring, unless the recipe states otherwise.
Granulated Sugar– Helps cookies spread, adds a more crisp texture to cookies, and surface cracking due to crystallization, which can be desirable depending on the type of cookie.
Vanilla extract – To add that little extra something.
All purpose flour – When in doubt, always go with “all purpose” flour.
Salt – All baked goods taste better with a touch of salt.
Baking soda- Necessary item for perfect cake baking.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies To Date
- Cookie Prep – Always preheat the oven so it is piping-hot when the cookies go in. Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper ensures the cookies puff up (instead of spread) and also come off the baking sheet easily.
- Mix the Ingredients– In a stand mixture, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together. Add in vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Add in the Flour– Mix in flour until just combined.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips– using a silicone spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion with Hands- With clean, dry hands roll 2 inch balls of dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake- Bake the cookies until you see cracks on top of the cookies.
Best Way To Store These Cookies:
These cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Can You Freeze The Cookie Dough:
Yes, you can freeze this dough for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container but I would section the dough in the appropriate size for baking.
If you love this recipe you have to give our Simple Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal a try. Then you need to tackle the best Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie Recipe and our Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Cookies as well!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies To Date
Warm Gooey Goodness In Minutes!
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ flour, add ¼ cup more if the dough is still sticky to touch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add in vanilla and eggs until just combined.
- Mix in flour until just combined. Dough should not be sticky to touch. Add in an additional ¼ cup flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll 1-2 inch balls of dough and place in over.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Cookies are ready when you see cracks on top of the cookies.
Pro tip: if you are using a kitchen stand mixer, use the paddle attachment with these cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfectly delicious cookies!
If they are the best, then I’m going to have to give them a whirl. I’ll be making this for a get-together this coming Saturday!