Craving something sweet? Our Cookie Recipes have got you covered! Get inspired with our mouthwatering options and channel your inner chef to create something new and delicious. Let’s bake and satisfy those taste buds! 🍪😋
Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven? It’s a classic treat that brings back fond memories of childhood for many of us. Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet snack, impressing your guests, or craving a dessert that hits the spot, The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a reliable choice.
But, with so many recipes out there, it can be challenging to find the perfect one. Don’t despair, though. We’ve got you covered. In this blog, we’ll show you how to make the best chocolate chip cookies that are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and loaded with delicious chunks of chocolate.
I’ve been testing chocolate chip cookie recipes for what feels like forever now, and I finally have a winner. These cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside while being soft and chewy on the inside. Plus, they’re loaded with chocolate chips – so you know they taste amazing. Trust me, once you make these cookies, you’ll never want to go back to your old recipe again.
Ingredients Needed To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Light brown sugar – Brown sugar is soft and fluffy and needs to be packed into the measuring cups for proper portioning. Always pack brown sugar when measuring, unless the recipe states otherwise.
Granulated Sugar– Helps cookies spread, adds a more crisp texture to cookies, and surface cracking due to crystallization, which can be desirable depending on the type of cookie.
Vanilla extract – To add that little extra something.
All purpose flour – When in doubt, always go with “all purpose” flour.
Salt – All baked goods taste better with a touch of salt.
Baking soda– Necessary item for perfect cake baking.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies To Date
- Cookie Prep – Always preheat the oven so it is piping-hot when the cookies go in. Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper ensures the cookies puff up (instead of spread) and also come off the baking sheet easily.
- Mix the Ingredients– In a stand mixture, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together. Add in vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Add in the Flour– Mix in flour until just combined.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips– using a silicone spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion with Hands- With clean, dry hands roll 2 inch balls of dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake- Bake the cookies until you see cracks on top of the cookies.
Best Way To Store These Cookies:
These cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Can You Freeze The Cookie Dough:
Yes, you can freeze this dough for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container but I would section the dough in the appropriate size for baking.
If you love this recipe you have to give our Simple Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal a try. Then you need to tackle the best Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie Recipe and our Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Cookies as well!
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ flour, add ¼ cup more if the dough is still sticky to touch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add in vanilla and eggs until just combined.
- Mix in flour until just combined. Dough should not be sticky to touch. Add in an additional ¼ cup flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll 1-2 inch balls of dough and place in over.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Cookies are ready when you see cracks on top of the cookies.
Pro tip: if you are using a kitchen stand mixer, use the paddle attachment with these cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.