Let me introduce you to the best Yellow Shots with Alcohol otherwise known as The Lemon Drop Shot.
Lemon Drop Shots have been a staple delight at bars, clubs, and parties for years. Known for their zesty and refreshing taste, these invigorating drinks offer the perfect combination of citrus and alcohol that dance playfully on your palate.
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the origins of this popular shot, and go through the intricacies of its preparation, while also sharing some unique twists on the classic recipe. So, gather around, and let us embark on a journey into the delightful world of Lemon Drop Shots!
Get excited to satisfy your thirst with our lineup of Refreshing Classic Cocktails. Our team has expertly selected a collection of timeless favorites that blend premium ingredients, bold flavors, and an elegant appearance for a sipping adventure you won’t want to forget.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
Contrary to popular belief, the Lemon Drop Shot wasn’t a product of the 1980s, when shots gained significant popularity. Instead, its history dates back to the 1970s when it was created by Norman Jay Hobday, the proprietor of the famed Henry Africa’s bar in San Francisco.
Hobday sought to concoct a drink that combined the sweet-yet-tart taste of lemons with a kick of alcohol. Inspired by the lemon drop candy, he successfully married these flavors, birthing the now-iconic Lemon Drop Shot.
Tired of running to the liquor store whenever you want a drink? Want to be able to make your favorite cocktails whenever you please? Look no further than this post, Stocking Your Home Bar. Get all the tips you need to always be prepared for happy hour. It’s time to up your at-home drinking game!
What Ingredients Are Needed For These Yellow Shots with Alcohol Recipe?
The key ingredients to a classic Lemon Drop Shot are quite simple:
What makes it so appealing, besides the delightful taste, is the simplicity of the recipe allowing for consistency in its flavor, whether you are making it at home or ordering it at a bar.
How Do You Make A Lemon Drop Shot?
1. Prepare your shot glass by rubbing a lemon wedge around the rim, and then dipping it in sugar, ensuring an even coat.
2. In a cocktail shaker, mix equal parts vodka, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup, adjusting the ratios according to your preference for sweetness and tartness.
3. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds to ensure thorough blending and chilling.
3. Strain the mixture into your prepared shot glass and enjoy!
What Foods Pair Best With The Lemon Drop Shot?
Need to cleanse your palate after a rich and indulgent meal? Look no further than the Lemon Drop Shot! This zesty little number is perfect for cutting through and refreshing your tastebuds.
But it doesn’t stop there – seafood, salads, and citrusy desserts all get a flavor boost when paired with this little shot of sunshine.
Delicious Drinks To Try:
- Irish Whiskey Old Fashioned
- Easy Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Cranberry Vodka Lime Cocktail
- French 75 Cocktail
- Sloe Gin Fizz
Variations and Modern Twists:
While the classic Lemon Drop Shot remains a popular choice, These creative mixologists have put their own modern twist on the traditional recipe, and we can’t get enough. Get ready to taste some real magic with these exciting variations!
1. Spicy Lemon Drop: Add a touch of hot sauce or muddled jalapeños to the mix, providing a spicy kick that beautifully complements the citrus and sugar.
2. Limoncello Lemon Drop: Replace vodka with limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, for a more potent and intensely citrusy shot.
3. Meyer Lemon Drop: Use sweeter Meyer lemon juice instead of regular lemon juice for a more mellow, flavorful experience.
4. Herbaceous Lemon Drop: Muddle some fresh basil, mint, or rosemary in your shaker to add an aromatic and earthy element to your shot.
Revive your taste buds with the iconic and timeless Lemon Drop Shot – a refreshing blend of sweet, sour and boozy flavors that has secured its place in cocktail history. This zesty little number’s history is fascinating, and countless variations of its simple recipe are available.
It’s no wonder why it has remained a beloved favorite for decades. So, when you’re in need of a revitalizing drink that hits all the right notes, look no further than the delightful Lemon Drop Shot!
- 4 Ounces Vodka
- 2 Ounces Lemon Juice
- 2 Ounces Simple Syrup
- In a shaker or glass (whatever you have on hand works), combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Stir or shake lightly to mix.
- If desired, dip the rims of the shot glasses in lemon juice and then in the loose sugar to coat them.
- Divide the mixture between 4-5 shot glasses and top with a lemon wedge, if desired.
- You can skip the simple syrup and simply place a sugar cube in each shot glass, if you would like it sweeter or to change things up. If you do this, increase the lemon juice to 4 ounces in place of the simple syrup.
- If your ingredients are already chilled, don’t worry about shaking it with ice. However, if it needs to be ice cold, shake with ice, but do it lightly or it will froth up.
- For another version, you can also replace the simple syrup with 2 ounces of lemon lime soda.
- Be sure to coat the rims of your shot glasses before adding the liquid, if that’s the route you’re taking.
- The size of shot glasses can vary from 1.25 ounces to 3.5 ounces. So, be aware of the size of your shot glasses and adjust the recipe as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ice Cube Trays, Silicone Easy-Release and Flexible 14-Ice Trays with Spill-Resistant Removable Lid, BPA Free, Durable and Dishwasher Safe, 2 Pack
24oz Cocktail Shaker Bar Set - Professional Margarita Mixer Drink Shaker and Measuring Jigger & Mixing Spoon Set - Professional Stainless Steel Bar Tools Built-in Bartender Strainer for Martini Kit
Gmark 1.5-Ounce Heavy Base Shot Glass Set, Whiskey Shot Glass 12-Pack GM2011