Most of your meals are going to be a little bit better when you include this Homemade Dry Ranch Seasoning to them! Once you learn how to make this ranch dip mix DIY, you will never want to buy store-bought again. It goes great with salads, on potatoes, or to dip your favorite veggies in.
What’s In Ranch Dip Mix
- Dry Buttermilk
- Dried Parsley
- Onion Powder
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Dried Chives
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Dill Weed
- Black Pepper
How Do You Make Homemade Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Pour all the ingredients into a gallon-sized bag and shake well. Once combined, you can leave it in the bag or place it in another airtight container.
What Is Ranch Dip Mix?
This ranch dip mix is a powdered mix much like what you buy in the little bags at the store. The dry mix here is much healthier and doesn’t have a bunch of weird ingredients you can’t even pronounce. Instead, you know exactly what is going into it.
I will go into detail on how to use the ranch dressing mix substitute shortly, but you can seriously add this mix to so many foods. Its incredible flavor is crave-worthy and will leave you wanting more.
Reasons You’ll Love This Ranch Dip Mix
- It’s fast and easy to make.
- Makes a lovely gift to friends, teachers, or neighbors.
- Tastes incredible.
- It takes bland food and turns it into extraordinary food.
- Dry ranch mix lasts a long time.
- This recipe makes a huge batch.
Ranch Dressing Mix Uses
As you will see, the options are endless when it comes to using this ranch dressing mix substitute.
- Add a tablespoon or so to your mashed potatoes to give them some added zest!
- Mix 3 tablespoons with ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup buttermilk, and ½ mayonnaise to make some ranch dip for veggies.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons to 1 cup of buttermilk and 1 cup of mayonnaise to make a homemade salad dressing.
- Sprinkle it on your freshly popped popcorn for a fun flavor.
- Coat veggies with olive oil and dry ranch seasoning and roast in the oven. Best veggies you’ll ever eat.
- Use the ranch dip mix without sour cream by adding it to a container of Greek yogurt instead. Great for dipping carrots or celery in!
- Add some dry ranch seasoning to your french fries right before serving. SO GOOD!
- Put the seasoning in a shaker and add it to some pizza.
- Mix it in soups, casseroles, or eggs.
Can Ranch Dip Be Used As Seasoning?
Absolutely! You can season your chicken, beef, pork, sausage, eggs, or just about anything you want with this homemade dry ranch seasoning!
TIP: Sprinkle it on some chicken and cook the chicken in a cast-iron skillet with olive oil or on the grill. OR add it to your ground beef when you are making hamburgers. You are going to be blown away by the way it tastes.
How Long Does Dry Ranch Mix Last?
As long as you keep it airtight, it will last for 6-8 months. Be sure to keep the ranch away from sunlight, heat, and moisture, as those things will make it go bad much quicker. Storing it in an airtight container will work, but a glass mason jar is hard to beat. The lid fits snug and can be kept in your fridge, in the freezer, or in your pantry without any issues.
Is Ranch Dip Mix Gluten Free?
Yes! All the ingredients in this homemade ranch mix are all naturally gluten free. You will still need to read your packages to ensure that they aren’t processed in a facility where cross-contamination to gluten can occur.
- * 1 cup buttermilk (dry)
- * ¼ cup parsley (dried)
- * 2 tbsp onion powder
- * 1 tbsp onion flakes
- * 1 tbsp chives (dried)
- * 1 tbsp garlic powder
- * 2 tsp dill weed (dried)
- * 1 tsp salt
- * ½ tsp black pepper
- Pour all into a gallon size ziplock bag and shake until combined
Either leave in an airtight bag or pour into an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 2 TBS
Amount Per Serving Calories 12Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
Try some of our other quick recipes: