Learn How To Make Veggies Chips so you can enjoy this easy and healthy snack anytime you want. Once you see how veggie chips are made, you will see that they are very simple and are delicious too. With only six ingredients, you can enjoy a healthy snack without spending a lot of money or time.
What Are Veggie Chips Made Out Of?
How To Make Veggie Chips In Oven
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the almond flour, tomatoes, pepper, cheese, carrots, and flax seeds in a blender. Be sure to put the tomatoes in first. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the dough onto a tray that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Add an additional piece of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll it out.
- Then transfer the rolled dough onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes or until the center is golden and the edges have begun to get crispy.
PRO TIP: Every oven varies a little bit, so when you get towards the end of the cooking time, be sure to keep an eye on them so you don’t burn the veggie crisps.
Veggie Chips vs. Potato Chips
Regular potato chips are loaded with sodium and are typically fried in unhealthy oil. Veggie chips can be baked or fried and are much healthier. When veggie chips are fried, they typically use a healthier oil like avocado oil or olive oil.
My chips are baked instead of fried, and they are cooked to perfection. Homemade veggie chips have much less sodium than regular potato chips too. Plus, the ingredients are healthy, and you don’t have to worry about a bunch of overly processed ingredients.
Are Veggie Chips Vegan?
While these chips aren’t vegan, they are vegetarian. If you would like them to be vegan, you can swap the cheese for vegan cheese instead. This recipe is versatile, so using vegan cheese is an easy swap.
Are Veggie Chips Healthy?
Yep! This recipe is very healthy. Each time you eat these veggie crisps, you will get some protein, fiber, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin A, folate, and iron. This is a snack you can feel good about eating. Plus, these chips are a great way to sneak nutrients into your children without them realizing it.
Keep in mind, if you decide to add some extra ingredients, make sure they are healthy, so you don’t fill up on a bunch of unhealthy stuff.
How Do You Store These Chips?
After they have cooled, you can place them inside a food storage container. They should be kept air tight and away from heat, sunlight, or steam. They will typically last at least a week, sometimes more.
What Else Can I Add To These Chips?
You can add more veggies if you want. Radishes, jalapenos, and other veggies are great to change the flavor.
Additionally, you can swap the cheddar cheese for Pepper Jack, mozzarella, or anything else you like. The Pepper Jack is fun because it adds a little bit of spice!
Duralex LYS Mixing Bowl Set, 10 Piece, clearSMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets, 12×16 Inches Non-Stick Precut Baking Parchment, Suitable for Baking Grilling Air Fryer Steaming Bread Cup Cake Cookie and More (White)BOB’S RED MILL Flour Almond Blanched, Size (32 OZ, Pack – 2)Smooth, Whole Milled Flaxseed by Manitoba Milling Co. | 1lb (16oz) Bag of Ground Flaxseed Fiber with Protein, Omega 3 | Gluten Free, Non-GMO Gourmet Milled Flaxseed for Muffins, Yogurt, Smoothie
How Do You Serve Veggie Chips?
They are wonderful without anything at all! You can simply grab them and go. Or you can serve them with guacamole, pico de gallo, or other dips. They go well with sandwiches and other foods that you would normally eat potato chips with.
More Yummy Recipes
- Super Fast Microwave Potato Chips
- Best Fajita Nachos
- Easy Low Fat Spicy Cream Dip
- Quick Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp flax seed, milled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place all ingredients into the blender, starting with the tomatoes on the bottom, and blend until smooth
- Place dough on a parchment lined tray
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until the desired thickness
- Transfer the dough on the parchment to a baking pan
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, until golden in the center and crispy around the edges
Due to oven variance keep an eye on cooking time so as to not burn the Veggie Chips
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 65Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 5mgSodium 32mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.