These Easy Rainbow Dessert Cups are so much fun to make and eat! Combining sweet Fruity Pebbles cereal, mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and topped with rainbow sprinkles and a cherry.
Whether you are throwing a birthday party, taking treats to school, or want to make something extra special, these rainbow dessert bowls are the bomb! Brightly colored and packed with flavor, they are practically a party in your mouth.
Got a sweet tooth? Our cookie recipes are perfect for indulging your cravings and satisfying that sweet spot. Loads of delicious options to choose from, so why not unleash your inner chef and try some new recipes today? Get ready for some mouth-watering delights!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Get creative and try out some of our exciting Meatloaf Recipes today! Who knows what unique and delicious concoctions you could come up with. Add some pizzazz to your meatloaf with our awesome collection of Meatloaf Glazes! We’ve got a bunch of mouth-watering sauces that will take your meatloaf to the next level.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Rainbow Dessert Cups
- Mini Marshmallows
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Ice Cream or Dessert Filling of your choice
- Whipped Cream
- Red Maraschino Cherries
- Rainbow Candy Sprinkles
How To Make Rainbow Dessert Cups
1. Melt the butter in a large dutch oven using medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir continuously until they have melted. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cereal. Combine until the cereal is coated.
2. Using non-stick cooking spray, add a thin layer to a muffin tin. Place the Fruity Pebbles mixture into the muffin tin. Using a spoon or your fingers, press the mixture to form small cups. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes to set up.
3. Take each of the cereal bowls out of the muffin tin. Fill with ice cream and top with sprinkles and a cherry. Enjoy!
- Prevent sticking when forming the cups by spraying a spoon with cooking spray or adding a little water to your fingers.
- Use any ice cream, pudding, or even cupcakes to fill the dessert bowls. The options are endless, so you can be as wild as you want.
- Flavored marshmallows are fun to use too. You’ll need the same amount no matter which variety you use. They make rainbow, strawberry, and all sorts of flavors of marshmallows.
- Don’t fill the cups until you are ready to serve. Filling them too soon will leave them mushy and not very appetizing.
- Make sure marshmallows are fresh. If you grab that old pack of marshmallows that have been in the pantry forever, you can expect they will not taste exactly right, and the texture will be more gummy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy and takes minimal effort
- Tastes incredible
- Vibrant colors that are great for parties and special occasions
- Kid-Friendly, and they can help!
- Everyone adores them and will beg for the recipe
Desserts Using Cereal:
- Simple Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
- Cereal Milk Popsicles
- Milk and Cereal Smoothie
- Puppy Chow Recipes
Can I Use Different Cereals?
Yep! You can follow the recipe directions to make all kinds of flavor combinations. Here are a few of our favorite cereals to try:
- Frosted Flakes
- Regular Rice Krispies
- Cocoa Pebbles
- Cocoa Puffs
- Cheerios, any variety
2 Pack Nonstick Muffin Pan, Carbon Steel Cupcake Pan, 6 Cup, Easy to Clean and Perfect for Making Muffins or Cupcakes, Jumbo365 by Whole Foods Market, Oil Olive Spray Organic, 5 Fl OzJet Puffed Mini Marshmallows, 10 Ounce (Pack of 16)Post Fruity Pebbles Treats 8-count Box (Pack of 2)Gotham Steel 5 Quart Stock Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid & Twist and Lock Handles, Nonstick Ceramic Surface Makes for Effortless Cleanup with Tempered Glass Lid, Dishwasher Safe, Graphite
How Do You Store Rainbow Dessert Cups?
You’ll need to keep leftovers in an airtight container. Make sure to store them away from any type of moisture, heat, or sunlight. They will all mess with the texture and can lead to soggy treats.
How Long Do Dessert Cups Last?
They will last 2-3 days if everyone doesn’t eat them quicker! They are still safe to eat for several days, but they will start to lose texture after a couple of days.
Fun Desserts For Kids:
- How To Make Lemonade Popsicles
- Super Easy Frozen Bananas
- Simple Mini Chocolate Chip Cereal
- How To Make Watermelon Popsicles
- 3 TBSP. butter
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows (10 oz bag)
- 1 box Fruity Pebbles cereal (11 oz size)
- Ice cream or dessert filling of choice
- Whipped Cream
- Red maraschino cherries
- Rainbow candy sprinkles
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Slowly add in marshmallows, and stir constantly until smooth and melted. Remove from heat, and stir in Fruity Pebbles cereal until fully coated.
- Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray or brush with oil. Divide mixture into muffin cups, and press to form into the shape of a cup. Tips: The back of a spoon coated with cooking spray works well or lightly coating your hands with water. Be sure to form a “well” in the center of each cup. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and fill each cup with ice cream, whipped cream and sprinkles or your choice of any dessert!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rainbow Road Sprinkles Mix| Birthday Cake Cupcake Cookie colorful Sprinkles| Ice Cream Candy Rainbow Sprinkles| Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Pink Purple Silver Gold Metallics decorating Sprinkles ,2OZ
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Pan & Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup, Steel
Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Container, Large, 9.6 Cup, Clear 1991158
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 51Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 0g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.