Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
The aroma of this Easy Smoked Meatloaf will have you begging for a bite! It’s a tender meatloaf that is glazed with a sweet and tangy sauce. Every hearty slice is loaded with flavor and the perfect amount of smokiness.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Easy Smoked Meatloaf Ingredients
For the glaze:
- Brown Sugar
How To Make Easy Smoked Meatloaf
1. Turn on the smoker to 225 degrees to preheat.
2. Combine the ground beef, oats, milk, onion, and egg in a medium sized bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Prepare the homemade sauce by mixing the brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard in a small mixing bowl. Combine well.
4. Form a loaf and place it in a pan. Spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf.
5. Cook in the smoker for 1.5 hours or until the meatloaf has reached 165 degrees F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Savory flavors with a touch of sweetness from the sauce.
- Made from scratch.
- Makes fantastic leftovers.
- Great for entertaining.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Times may vary. No smoker is just like the other, even if you have the same brand. So, when you are making this easy smoked meatloaf, it can take longer or less time, depending on your appliance. Checking the temperature is critical to making the meatloaf turn out the best.
- Mix in a few of your favorites. Love onions? Feel free to add some chopped onions to the meatloaf. Mix in your go-to flavors like fresh herbs, peppers, or red pepper flakes. Don’t add too much, just enough to enhance the flavors.
- Fat is important! It’s best to opt for ground chuck that is 80/20. You need that little bit of fat to keep the easy smoked meatloaf moist. If you go for a leaner cut, it’s going to be drier.
1.5-Quart Loaf Dish
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind Of Oats Is Best?
For best results, you should use quick oats. They help bind the ingredients and keep it moist and tender. You could also use old-fashioned oats, but it will be a little more dense and dry. Old-fashioned oats are okay in a pinch, but I recommend steering clear of steel cut oats!
What Kind Of Brown Sugar Do I Need?
It’s fine to use light or dark brown sugar for this easy smoked meatloaf. What is more important is that the sugar is packed when you use it. Add it to the measuring cup and pack it down, and you’ll be good to go!
How Do I Check The Temperature?
It’s best to use an oven thermometer that you can insert into the center of the meatloaf. You can leave it in while the meatloaf is cooking, and it’s going to be much more accurate than other methods.
If you don’t have a digital oven thermometer, you can use a regular meat thermometer. Insert it into the center of the meatloaf in the thickest part. It should reach 165 degrees F.
Need a side dish to go with your meatloaf? Try our Roasted Carrots & Mushrooms.
You could always be snacking on our Smoked Salsa while waiting for your meatloaf to be finished!
Don’t forget all great outdoor dinners need a cool cocktail or mocktail. We suggest our Arnold Palmer it can be made with alcohol for the adults and without for the littles!
Check out all our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes all in one place!
- 1.5 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup rolled quick oats
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 lg egg
- 2 tbsp minced onion (dried)
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the ground chuck, quick oats, milk, dried minced onion, egg all into the bowl
- Get your hands in there and mix it thoroughly.
For the Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl add the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard together
- Stir until combined
- Use a tablespoon and spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf
- Place the meatloaf in the smoker for Approx 1.5 hours or until the meat temp is 165 degrees.
Note: Due to different smokers the cook time will vary…
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 81mgSodium 341mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 20g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.