The Best Blackberry Bourbon Jam
Do you have a sweet tooth but are looking for something different to satisfy it? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! Today, I’m here with a deliciously unique recipe that is sure to leave your mouth watering – The Best Blackberry Bourbon Jam. It’s made using fresh blackberries and finished off with some kicky bourbon whiskey, making it perfect for any occasion.
Combining sweetness and smokiness in one jar of jam can sound intimidating at first–but don’t worry! This recipe will show you just how easy it is to make this incredible concoction from scratch. So if you’re ready for an unforgettable snacktime flavor surprise, read on!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend! I am a member of amazon services llc associates program.
What’s In Blackberry Bourbon Jam
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon (zest and juice)
How To Make The Best Blackberry Bourbon Jam Recipe
- Clean the blackberries and add them to a medium-sized pan.
- Take a wooden spoon or potato masher and mash the blackberries. This will help the juices release.
- Pour in the bourbon, vanilla extract or vanilla bean-if you have on hand, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar into the pan.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn on the heat to medium-high and cook until the blackberry mixture starts to bubble.
- Then turn down the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- If you are planning to eat it right away, allow it to cool then put into jars. If planning to can, put the hot jam into sterilized jars and follow the directions below.
PRO TIP: For thicker jam, let it cook for a little longer.
How to Can Blackberry Bourbon Jam
- Place 2 empty jars into a pot. Add enough water to cover the jars completely.
- Let the water boil for 10 minutes.
- Take a pair of tongs to remove the jars from the water.
- Spoon the hot blackberry jam into the jars. Wipe away any liquid on the outside and the top of the jars.
- Add the lids and seal tightly.
- Take the tongs and pick up the jars and place them back into the boiling water bath. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove the jars of jam with tongs and place them on a kitchen towel.
Why You’ll Love This Blackberry Jam Recipe
- It tastes incredible.
- You can make homemade jam in less than 1 hour.
- Perfect for brunch or breakfast and will add a pop of color to your spread of food.
- It’s gluten-free.
- Can be frozen to save for later.
- You can easily make a double or triple batch when preparing for gifts.
Can I Use Different Fruit?
Sure! There are many kinds of fruit that will work. Be sure if you use a fruit with a skin that you remove it before starting. Peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cranberries are just a few fruits that come to mind. Try them all and see what you like the best.
How Long Does It Last In The Freezer?
As long as you keep the jam in an airtight container it will last in the freezer for up to 6 months. You can freeze it in glass jars, plastic containers, or freezer bags. Jars tend to work best, but as long as it’s sealed properly you will be fine.
What To Do With Blackberry Bourbon Jam
I love that you can do so much with this tasty blackberry bourbon jam recipe. I wanted to share a few ways that we love eating the jam:
- Add it to yogurt. Put 1-2 tablespoons of jam into your favorite yogurt. It takes it to a whole new level of amazing!
- Top some ice cream with it. Yep, you can even drizzle the jam on top of a cold bowl of ice cream. Yum!
- Put it on pancakes, waffles, or French toast. Seriously, it’s amazing and you need to try it!
- Eat it on a biscuit or bread. Any kind of bread whether it’s toasted or a biscuit will go well with the blackberry bourbon jam.
With this homemade jam, the possibilities are infinite! Enjoy it on toast for breakfast, spooned onto vanilla ice cream as a delicious treat or get creative and add it to your favorite recipes. Better yet this jam can be given as a great gifts.
Almost everyone would love a gift of fruit jams. Try it with new flavors like adding brown sugar, maple syrup, an additional touch of bourbon or top shelf- use whiskey. Maybe you have a special reserve label bourbon you want to try!
Try it and let us know what you like the best!
Other Blackberry Jam Recipes:
Blackberry Recipes From Bloggers We Love:
The Best Blackberry Bourbon Jam
This Blackberry Bourbon Jam is made with just a few simple ingredients and is loaded with flavor! Whether you just like to have jelly or jam on a piece of toast or serve over a bowl of vanilla ice cream, this version of Blackberry Jam is for you.
- 1 ½ lbs blackberries (fresh)
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Place washed blackberries in a medium sized saute pan
- Use a wooden spoon to mash the blackberries a bit to help break them open
- Add in the bourbon, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar
- Stir and let the mixtures sit for about 10 minutes
- Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to bubble
- Turn the heat to low and let simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until desired thickness
- If consuming immediately, let cool and spoon into jars or containers of choice
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
This jam is amazing! So flavorful and perfect on biscuits, my family loved it!
I’m glad you guys liked it! Thanks.
Blackberry jam is one of my favourites, I love it served on toasted English muffins! The bourbon is such a fabulous touch!
Let’s be honest, a splash of bourbon make everything taste a little better…
This jam was so flavorful! It was a great way to use up my blackberries!
No berries going to waste with this recipe!
So delicious and flavorful, really love the blackberries!
I love the addition of bourbon in this jam! I used the jam to make thumbprint cookies and they were so good!