Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Pellet Smoker
Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
Sink your teeth into this Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Pellet Smoker, and your taste buds will thank you! Using a pellet smoker adds tons of flavor to homemade meatloaf.
If you love smoked meatloaf, you’re going to love smoking it in a pellet smoker! Our easy recipe will show you how to make a delicious, juicy loaf that’s smoky and flavorful. With a pellet smoker, you can cook your meatloaf low and slow for the perfect results.
So fire up your smoker and get ready to enjoy some of the best meatloaf you’ve ever had!
Sauce so good you could drink it, tender meatloaf, and lots of flavor in every bite.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Pellet Smoker Ingredients
- Ground Chuck
- Rolled Oats
- Minced Onion
- Dale’s Steak Seasoning
How To Make Smoked Meatloaf In Pellet Smoker
1. Heat the pellet smoker to 225 degrees F.
2. Prepare the meatloaf by mixing together the beef, oats, milk, onion, steak seasoning, and egg in a medium sized bowl.
3. Using your hands, combine the ingredients and form them into a loaf.
4. Make the sauce by combining the brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a bowl.
5. Spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf.
6. Cook in the pellet smoker for 2 hours and check the temperature. Once it reaches 165 degrees, it’s done.
7. Take the meatloaf out of the pellet smoker and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Smoked Meatloaf Pellet Smoker Recipe
- Classic meatloaf recipe the whole family will love
- Juicy and delicious
- Sweet glaze is the perfect topping
- It turns out smokey and moist every time
- Simple ingredients
- Easy cleanup
Expert Tips For Smoked Meatloaf
- Use an aluminum pan. For even easier clean up, use a tin pan for cooking in. Then once you have served the meatloaf, you can toss it. Or line a loaf pan with parchment paper before smoking.
- Save the juice. As the meatloaf cooks, there will be juice that oozes out into the bottom of the pan. Drizzle that on the meatloaf right before you serve for added moisture and flavor.
- Use a gentle hand. Don’t mix the ground beef mixture too much, or it’s going to be dense. To avoid a dry and unappealing meatloaf, only mix until just combined.
Can I Skip Resting The Meatloaf?
Nope! Please don’t skip the resting period. It makes a HUGE difference in the final result of the smoked meatloaf. Not only will it not be as juicy when you eat it, the slices are more likely to fall apart as well.
Letting the meatloaf rest will allow all the juice to redistribute in the meat and allow it time to cool. This ensures beautiful slices when you go to cut it.
Can I Double The Batch Of Smoked Meatloaf?
Yes, it’s more than fine to make a double batch of this meatloaf. The leftovers are awesome! The big thing you need to take into consideration is if your smoker is large enough to fit two pans. If so, then go for it! If not, you may need to make one smoked meatloaf at a time.
What Do You Serve With Meatloaf?
One of the things that I love about meatloaf in the pellet smoker is how tasty it is with all sorts of foods. Serve it with some cheesy potatoes, baked potatoes, or roasted veggies.
It also goes well with salads, bread, and fresh vegetables.
Give our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies a try. Psst….They have been featured on Foodgawker!
Try one of our Top Ranked Margaritas!
Don’t Forget so have a good coffee or wine on hand when guests come over. We love coffee from Hawaii Coffee Company and wine from Wired For Wine.
Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Pellet Smoker
Sink your teeth into this Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Pellet Smoker, and your taste buds will thank you!
- 2 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup rolled quick oats
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 lg egg
- 2 tbsp minced onion (dried)
- ¼ Cup Dale’s Steak Seasoning
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the ground chuck, quick oats, milk, dried minced onion, Dale’s Steak Seasoning and egg all into the bowl
- Get your hands in there and mix it thoroughly.
For the Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl add the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard together
- Stir until combined
- Use a tablespoon and spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf
- Place the meatloaf in the smoker for Approx 1.5 hours or until the meat temp is 165 degrees.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 126mgSodium 1173mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 34g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.