Find all of our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Smoked Meatloaf The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
Smoked Meatloaf Electric Smoker Recipe is the ultimate homestyle dish with juicy meatloaf smothered in ketchup. Parmesan cheese, ground beef, and seasonings make this smokey meatloaf savory and delicious.
Have you ever used a smoker before? If not, you are missing out! Smoking meat is an art form and can add amazing flavor to your food.
In this blog post, we will be sharing our electric smoker recipe for smoked meatloaf. This recipe is perfect for grill masters of all levels and will be sure to impress your friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get smoking!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Smoked Meatloaf Electric Smoker Recipe Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Parmesan Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Ground Chuck
Smoked Meatloaf Electric Smoker Recipe Directions
1. Begin by preheating the electric smoker to 250 degrees F.
2. Mix together the eggs, almond flour, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and ground beef together in a bowl.
3. Form the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in an aluminum pan. Smother in ketchup.
4. Cook in the smoker for 30 minutes and check the temperature. Top with more ketchup and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe For Smoked Meatloaf
- It’s simple and tastes great.
- Best comfort food ever.
- Ketchup gives the meatloaf a slight sweetness.
- This is a classic recipe the entire family will love.
Expert Tips For Smoked Meatloaf
- Vary the sauce. We typically use regular ketchup, but you could use a low or no sugar ketchup instead. Additionally, barbecue sauce would also be a flavorful option.
- Sneak in the veggies. Finely grate carrots or add in some onions and peppers to sneak in those vegetables. The family won’t even know as long as you add just a little bit!
- Serve with extra sauce. Include some ketchup with each serving so you can dip the homestyle meatloaf in it! A tablespoon or two is typically enough for most people.
- Never overmix the meatloaf. If you mix it too much, it’s going to dry out the meatloaf and not taste as good. Just mix until the ingredients are barely incorporated.
- Don’t cook too long. Overcooked meatloaf is dry and not near as flavorful. Keep an eye on the internal temperature and pull it out when it reaches 165 degrees.
- Don’t skip the resting period. Allowing the meatloaf to rest is vital so that the juices can flow back through the meat properly. It only needs to rest for 10-15 minutes, and it’s ready to devour.
Is This Smoked Meatloaf Gluten Free?
Yes, all of the ingredients in this smoked meatloaf recipe are gluten free. Using almond flour instead of breadcrumbs will give it a great flavor and texture. You won’t even realize it’s not made with a traditional binder!
What Goes Well With Meatloaf?
- Potatoes – Cheesy potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato skins, etc.
- Salads – A garden salad or pasta salad are great options.
- Bread – Dinner rolls, fresh loaves of bread, or garlic bread are all tasty!
- Vegetables – Roasted or fresh veggies are a great way to add nutrients.
Can I Eat Meatloaf If The Center Is Pink?
Yep! As long as it comes to temperature (165 degrees F), then it’s safe to eat. Sometimes the center of the meatloaf is pink, and that is perfectly normal.
Need a side dish to go with your meatloaf? Try our Roasted Carrots & Mushrooms.
You could always be snacking on our Smoked Salsa while waiting for your meatloaf to be finished!
Don’t forget all great outdoor dinners need a cool cocktail or mocktail. We suggest our Arnold Palmer it can be made with alcohol for the adults and without for the littles!
Check out all our Best Smoked Meatloaf Recipes all in one place!
Do you love craft Cocktails? We do! However, we sometimes get bored of the same ole thing, do you?
Let me tell you about a cocktail solution to your problem…. We Love SaloonBox DIY Cocktail Kits.
Give it a try and let usk know what you think!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground chuck
- 1 cup Ketchup for top of loaf
- Preheat Smoker to 250 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form into a loaf and put in an aluminum baking pan. Cover the top of the meatloaf with ketchup
- Place the pan with the loaf into the smoker. Check at the 30 minute mark. Add more ketchup to the top if you want.
- The meatloaf is complete when the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
NOTE: Not all smokers are the same. Cooking time may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 Pack - Zilpoo Plastic Food Storage Containers with Lid, Refrigerator, Freezer Covered Cake Keeper, Cupcake Carrier, Christmas Cookie Holder, Lunch Box, 169 oz.
20X20 inch Oversized Dinner Napkins Cotton Flax 12 Pack Natural Premium Quality Mitered Corners With Elegant Lace for Everyday Use Napkins are Pre Shrunk And Good Absorbency With Lace Ivory
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 153mgSodium 813mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 36g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.