When it comes to finding something that not only tastes good but is low carb you might find that I am sharing an impossible task. But this is where this Low Carb Fruit Dip will have you running to store for the ingredients and enjoying it with your favorite berries and snacks. I have got a delicious low carb fruit dip to share with you today, and it certainly does not disappoint.
Combining vegan-friendly ingredients like vegan chocolate chips and creamy oat milk, along with some extra ingredients and flavors, you really do whip up an amazing dip that you can enjoy on its own or serve up as a part of a dessert platter when you have friends over. It really is something not to be missed. So if you want to find out how to make your low carb fruit dip then here is everything you need to know.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Ingredients Needed To Make The Low Carb Fruit Dip
The first thing that you need to do would be to gather all of your ingredients together to create the Low Carb Fruit Dip. You will need:
- 1 cup of semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- 1 cup of coconut cream (only use the white part that has separated from the can)
- ¼ cup of non-dairy milk (I used extra creamy oat milk)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of cinnamon powder
How To Make The Low Carb Fruit Dip
Now that you have all your ingredients to hand this is the process to make your Autumn Sprinkles Cookie Dip. You can double up the quantities if you think you will need more dip.
- First of all, it is a good idea to get all of your ingredients together. Then in a medium sized bowl mix the chocolate chips and the coconut oil together. Make sure you mix it well.
- Now melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Add the bowl to the microwave in increments of 30 seconds and stir every time. This avoids the chocolate burning. Heat for a total of 1-2 minutes until the chocolate is melted.
- Then add the coconut cream (only the white separated part, just make sure not to shake or stir your can), milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon powder and whisk until well combined.
- Cover up the bowl and place it in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it has hardened a little bit.
- You can serve this however you want. My top suggestion would be to serve this low carb fruit dip with strawberries, pretzels, or marshmallows.
- Enjoy your low carb fruit dip!
Recipe Notes and Tips For Low Carb Fruit Dip
When it comes to any recipe, it is always a good idea to understand what notes and tips you can use to help you fully utilize the recipe and have success each and every time. While a dip is very self-explanatory to make I still have a few tips to share.
- Make sure you only use the white part that has separated from the can when opening up your coconut cream. Avoid shaking the can. This will make the dip too runny.
- Only do 30-second increments when melting the chocolate. Any longer and you run the risk of the chocolate burning and becoming very bitter.
- You need to give the dip time to set it in the refrigerator. This will help to get the right consistency for your low car fruit dip.
Variations to try with Low Carb Fruit Dip
Like with a lot of recipes, once you have tried them out a few times you can look to make some changes and vary the recipe to suit your tastes and preferences. So I wanted to share with you some of them that you might want to try.
- You don’t need to make this Vegan if you don’t want. You can use dairy products within this dip and you will still get a very flavorful fruit dip. However, be mindful that it may not be as low carb as this version.
- Why not add some peanut butter to it? Use half the quantity of chocolate and replace it with Peanut Butter. It will give it that salty taste which is a great combination with the chocolate and the other ingredients that you use.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
What Should I Serve With the Low Carb Fruit Dip?
You can serve the low carb dip with many different things. Personally, I think things like berries work really well. You could also serve it with vanilla wafers, biscuits, crackers, and even things like marshmallows or pretzels. This dip would look great taking center stage on a dessert platter for your guests to enjoy.
Can the Low Carb Fruit Dip Be Made Ahead Of Time?
You can make it ahead of time, but it is worth remembering that it will only last up to three days in the fridge. You may want to make it the day before you need it to save time.
How Do I Store The Low Carb Fruit Dip?
You should store it in an airtight container that is sealed. Or you could use something like a mason jar. It must be refrigerated.
Things You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set (6 Piece Set)Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 7 Including LevelerNileHome Stainless Steel Whisk Set 8Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 20PCS Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Nesting Bowls with 3 Grater Attachments & Non-Slip Bottoms, Size7, 4, 3, 2, 1.5, 1QT Bowls for Baking&Prepping
Here are a few of our other dips to try:
- 1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- In a medium-size bowl mix the chocolate chips and the coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the bowl to the microwave in increments of 30 seconds and stir every time. Heat for a total of 1-2 minutes until the chocolate is melted.
- Then add the coconut cream (only the white separated part, just make sure not to shake or stir your can), milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder and whisk until well combined.
- Cover up the bowl and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it has hardened a little bit.
- You can serve this with strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
CINEYO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, 10-Piece Measuring Spoons and Cups With Colored Soft Silicone Handles - Complete Set of Measure Cups and Spoons For Cooking and Baking,
Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USA
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.