Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup is the perfect comfort food. Creamy soup with lots of broccoli, carrots, onions, and seasoned beautifully. Serve this broccoli cheese soup made in an Instant Pot recipe to a group of hungry people, or keep it all to yourself on a chilly night.
What You Need To Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Garlic Powder
- Spicy Mustard
- Unsalted Butter
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chicken Stock
- Half and Half
- Velveeta Cheese
Optional Garnish Ideas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Broccoli florets
How Do You Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Turn on the saute function on your instant pot and melt the butter. Once melted, add in the onions, carrots, and garlic. Saute for 1 minute or until the onion has softened.
- Lower the heat to low and add in the flour. Stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken stock a little bit at a time and stir well after each addition. Using a whisk will help get out all the lumps.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings and mustard. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom and sides of the pot.
- Turn off the instant pot and add in the broccoli florets. Stir well.
- Put on the lid and seal it. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Pour in warmed half and half gently.
- Stir everything and turn on the saute function on low. Simmer soup.
- Once simmering, turn off the instant pot.
- Add in cheese a little bit at a time and stir. Stir until cheese has melted and is mixed in well.
- Top with your favorite garnishes and serve hot. Enjoy!
Simply Organic Garlic Powder, Certified Organic | 3.64 oz | Allium sativum L.Amazon Brand – Happy Belly Paprika, 2.75 OuncesGrey Poupon Deli Dijon Mustard with Horseradish (10 oz Bottle)Instant Pot Ultra 80 Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, and more, Stainless Steel/Black
Is Instant Pot Cheese Soup Healthy?
Yes, broccoli and cheese soup is a healthy meal that your entire family will enjoy. The only ingredient that isn’t the most beneficial is the Velveeta cheese. If you want to make it healthier, you can swap it for any other good melting cheese. Just keep in mind that the texture will be a little bit different if you do exchange it.
Broccoli is a superfood because it’s loaded with so much healthy stuff! Iron, zinc, thiamin, niacin, calcium, vitamin C, potassium, and phosphorus are a few of the nutrients.
Is Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Gluten-Free?
No, this is the best instant pot broccoli cheese soup, but it’s not gluten-free. I recommend if you need gluten-free to use your favorite gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour. Velveeta is gluten-free, so there are no worries there. You can easily turn this instant pot broccoli and cheddar soup into a delicious gluten-free recipe with one quick adjustment!
How Do You Store Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup?
Once the soup is done cooking, allow it to cool all the way. After it’s cooled, pour it into a container that can be sealed with a tight-fitting lid. The soup lasts 4-5 days in the fridge.
It makes a wonderful meal prepping recipe too. You can store it in single-serving containers and grab it and go to enjoy it for lunch!
Can You Freeze This Soup?
Yes, you can freeze this instant pot broccoli cheese soup recipe. As always, let the soup cool down all the way and pour it into a container or freezer bag. I prefer bags because you can lay them flat.
One thing to note is that the texture of the soup is going to be slightly different when frozen. It’s completely fine to eat, but if you don’t like the texture, you may skip freezing it in the future.
Thaw in the refrigerator the night before when possible. Reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan or stockpot (depending on how much you are reheating).
More Incredible Soup Recipes To Try
- Chicken Chili Soup
- Individual Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Easiest Creamy Potato Soup
- Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash
- 8 cups broccoli florets (discard stems)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- ½ cup butter (unsalted)
- ½ cup flour (all purpose)
- 8 cups chicken broth (regular or low sodium)
- 4 cups half & half
- 4 cups velveeta cheese (diced)
- In an instant pot on sauté setting, melt butter. After it is melted, immediately add the onion, carrots and garlic. Sauté approximately 1 minute or until the onion is soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour. Stir briskly and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock in 2-3 batches stirring well so there are no lumps. Using a whisk helps with this.
- Add the seasonings and mustard and deglaze the pot sides and bottom.
- Turn off the pot and add the broccoli florets and mix well.
- Close and seal the instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Add room temperature or warm (heat in microwave) half and half. Do not add cold.
- Mix everything well and sauté on low. Bring soup to a simmer.
- Immediately turn off the instant pot once soup begins to simmer.
- Add cheese in 2-3 batches and stir well until cheese fully melts and combines into the soup.
Serve with toppings of your choice, such as shredded cheddar, chopped broccoli, hot sauce, sour cream, chives….
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1675mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 5gSugar 12gProtein 16g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.