Learn How To Make A Simple Tequila Sunrise that will knock your socks off. It seriously comes together in minutes with only 4 ingredients!
If you want to make some delicious drinks that will impress your friends and family, look no further than this simple recipe for this tasty sunrise drink. This fruity drink may be easy to make, but the final product will surely pack quite the punch!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Tequila Sunrise Drink Ingredients
- Orange Juice
How To Make A Simple Tequila Sunrise
1. Put ice in your glass, filing it ¾ of the way up.
2. Add the tequila first. Then add the orange juice over the ice.
3. Gently pour the grenadine down the side of the glass and let it sit for a couple of seconds.
4. Stir right before serving and garnish with an orange slice, cherry, and a cute umbrella. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Tequila Sunrise
- Bright and cheery colors and flavors!
- They look gorgeous
- No equipment needed
- Subtly sweet and can be adjusted to be even sweeter
- Swap the tequila – For a fun twist, exchange the tequila for vodka or rum. Coconut rum will add a delicious tropical flavor.
- Other fruit juice works – In addition to swapping the tequila, you can exchange the orange juice for pineapple juice. Adjustments will give you a totally different cocktail, but it will still appear the same!
- Go for a large batch – Serving a crowd? Add the ingredients to a large pitcher or serving bowl. Everyone will go crazy for it!
Is Tequila Sunrise A Cocktail?
Yes, it’s actually a trendy cocktail. It gets its name because it looks like a sunrise when you add the tequila, orange juice, and grenadine in layers. It’s a beautiful drink, so it’s very popular at parties and events.
Is Tequila Sunrise Sweet?
The orange juice does make a tequila sunrise a little bit sweet! It has a very bright, citrus flavor. You can actually make it sweeter by using Sunny Delight instead of regular orange juice.
What kind of Orange Juice Do I Need?
You can use any variety of orange juice that you like, and I recommend going with something that is pulp free, but that is totally up to you. If you love pulp in your orange juice, go for it.
Do You Mix A Tequila Sunrise Before Drinking?
Yes, it’s best to give it a quick stir before sipping on a tequila sunrise. Otherwise, all the tequila is at the bottom, and it will be very overpowering.
How Strong Is A Tequila Sunrise?
They are relatively strong. Each tequila cocktail has 2 ounces of tequila. But because it’s mixed with orange juice and grenadine, it goes down smooth. They can creep up on you if you drink too much too fast, so drinking responsibly is essential.
Can I Make A Tequila Sunrise Mocktail?
Yes, you can make an alcohol free version of this Tequila sunrise. Swap the tequila for clear soda like Sprite, 7-up, or a store brand. Add the soda first, then follow with the orange juice and grenadine. It will look just as great but not have any alcohol.
What You Might Need To Make This Recipe:
Highball Glasses with Heavy Base, Clear Drinking Glasses Set for Water, Juice, Cocktails, Wine, Beer, and Whiskey, 12 1/4 Ounce, Set of 6Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixers – True Grenadine – NA Cocktail Mix – Free from Artificial Sweeteners and Flavors – 12.68 oz – Non-GMO3PCS Double Jigger & Cocktail Jiggers Stainless Steel 1 Ounce X 2 Ounce Alcohol Measuring Tools
A few of our favorite drinks:
- Spicy Cucumber Margarita
- Whiskey Blueberry Smash
- Easy Paloma Recipe
- Easy Shirley Temple Cocktail- Dirty Shirley
- 4 Ounces Orange Juice
- 2 Ounces Tequila
- ¼ Ounce Grenadine
- Fill your cup ¾ of the way with ice.
- Pour the tequila and orange juice into the glass.
- Pour your grenadine gently down the side of the glass and let it settle for a few seconds.
- Enjoy the layered colors before stirring. It will turn into a gorgeous blood orange color.
- Top with a cherry, orange slice, and maybe one of those umbrellas, and enjoy!
- If you have a larger glass, you’ll want to add about ½ an ounce of grenadine instead and another 2 ounces of orange juice. For example, the hurricane glasses filled better with this adjustment.
- If you like a little sweeter twist to your cocktail, try Sunny D instead of normal orange juice.
- Unless you really love your pulp, be sure to use pulpless orange juice for the smoothest results.
- I know the layered colors are really pretty, but you’ll definitely want to give your drink a stir before diving in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Set of 8 Highball Glasses, Cocktail Highball Glasses, Tall Drinking Glasses for Water, Juice, Cocktails, Beer and More, Elegant Bar Glasses, Italian Highball Glasses, 10 oz Highball Glasses
Jigger, McoMce Shot Glass Measuring Cup, Stainless Steel Cocktail Jigger, 2 oz 1 oz Jigger for Bartending, Beautiful Double Cocktail Bar Tools for Bar Home Bartender Party Wine Drink
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 203Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.