Find all of our Best Fall Recipes in one location. You will love the different types of Fall Recipes The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
When the weather turns cool, few things are better than a great bowl of chili! And while everyone has their own “special” recipe, our Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash is destined to become a favorite!
Find all of the Chicken Recipes The Wooden Spoon Effect has to offer located for you in one place!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
What you will need to make Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash
Onion– helps add to the flavor
Garlic– everything is better with garlic
Jalapeno Pepper– to increase the heat
Acorn Squash– a sweet earthy note to the taste
Chili Powder– bringing the heat
Cumin– for a smoky flavor
Salt– enhance the taste
Shredded Chicken (rotisserie is the best)- add some of the protein
Green Chiles– adding more heat
Chicken Broth– the base of the soup
Heavy Whipping Cream– to make it creamy
Cannellini Beans– Adds a Hearty Flavor
Navy Beans– a smooth, dense texture that enhances soups and salads
Shredded Cheddar Cheese– adds a rich, creamy flavor
How to Make Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook onion, garlic, jalapenos, and acorn squash together until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add in chili powder, cumin, salt, shredded chicken, diced green chilis, beans, broth, and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Once at a rolling boil, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until squash is tender. Once fork tender, stir in cheese until melted. It’s best to add cheese in increments to avoid a sticky mess.
Can Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash be made in the crockpot?
Yes, use boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts make sure to cook at least 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Remove the chicken and shred then return to the crock pot and stir to incorporate.
Can Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash be made in the Instant Pot?
I have not tried making it in the Instant Pot. If you do, let me know how it turns out!
Your pot of chili will have a delicious mixture of beans, chicken broth, a hint of garlic and the perfect edge of spicy once you mix in the jalapenos! The acorn squash adds a special flavor with just a hint of sweetness. The shredded chicken adds substance without overpowering your meal. The seasonings bring it all together, and your chili is a simmering pot of deliciousness!
Grab the saltines and toppings of choice, because this bowl of chili is just the thing to drive the cold away and hit the spot!
Try one of our other recipes as well.
Other Great Soups On Our Site:
- Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Chili Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Easy Chili Recipe with Beans
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 1 large acorn squash (chopped)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup chicken (shredded (rotisserie is the best))
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 15.5 ounces cannellini beans (canned)
- 15.5 ounces navy beans (canned)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook onion, garlic, jalapenos, and acorn squash together until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, salt, shredded chicken, diced green chilis, beans, broth, and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Once at a rolling boil, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Once fork tender, stir in cheese until melted. It's best to add cheese in increments to avoid a sticky mess.
- This soup is so creamy and hearty. It’s perfect for the winter.
- This soup tastes like it’s been in the crockpot for hours, but I cooked mine in 20 minutes! It’s definitely fast and easy.
- The acorn squash can easily be substituted for butternut squash. I just love the sweetness and overall flavor of the acorn squash.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 663Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 86mgSodium 2951mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 22gSugar 6gProtein 32g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.
All-Clad 4508 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Stockpot with Lid / Cookware, SilverDOWAN Deep Soup Bowls, 30 Ounces White Cereal Bowl for Oatmeal, Ceramic Ramen Bowls for Noodle, Porcelain Bowls Set 4 for Kitchen, Rice BowlsOneida Aptitude Soup Spoons – Set Of 6Bamboo Wood Cutting Board for Kitchen, 1Chef Knife, Ultra Sharp Kitchen Knife, High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef knife set, 3-pc, 8 inch Chefs knife, 4.5 inch Utility Knife, 4 inch Paring Knife16 Pcs Dinner Spoons,7.3