I’ve got you covered with the Easiest Watermelon Mint Cocktail ever! It’s just what you need to serve at all your summer get-togethers. The bold flavors of watermelon and mint are vibrant and irresistible. Try this lip-smacking cocktail for yourself, and you’ll see!
What’s In Watermelon Mint Cocktail
- Fresh Watermelon
- Sparkling Water
How To Make This Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- Begin by muddling fresh watermelon. You should end up with around ¼ cup of watermelon juice and a few chunks of watermelon.
- Then take your fresh mint and rub it in your hands. This will release the oils to give the watermelon cocktail the ultimate results.
- Next, take your cocktail glass and fill it with ice.
- Add the watermelon pieces and watermelon juice to the glass.
- Pour in the vodka.
- Add the sparkling water.
- Next, add the fresh mint, kick back, and enjoy!
How To Muddle Watermelon
If you’ve never muddled fruit before, don’t worry; it’s fast, easy, and even a beginner can do it!
- Start by adding the fruit to a bowl, glass, or shaker tin.
- Then add the fruit and use a muddler at an angle. Press down on the fruit hard enough to smash it. Twist and smash until the juices run out of the watermelon or other fruit you are muddling.
- It’s that easy! Now add it to this watermelon cocktail with vodka or your favorite cocktail.
Can I Make This Watermelon Puree Cocktail Alcohol Free?
Yep! It’s really delicious even without the vodka too. Instead of using alcohol, you can omit it completely. Or you can swap it with a clear or light colored pop like Ginger Ale, Sprite, or 7-Up.
Is It Okay To Add Other Melons To The Drink?
Sure, you can add cantaloupe or honeydew to the watermelon. Both are delicious and will add some refreshing flavors to the drink.
Another delicious option is to add in some slices of fresh cucumber. You don’t need to muddle the cucumber; just add in the slices before serving.
What Can I Use Instead Of Vodka?
Not a fan of vodka, no problem there! You can use Prosecco, rum, or gin if you want. Use whatever you like until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
Can I Sweeten The Watermelon Mint Cocktail?
Sure, if you want to make it sweeter, you can. Watermelon is naturally very sweet, but if you like a little extra sweetness, there is nothing wrong with that. I recommend adding some sugar, simple syrup, honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup. Any of the options taste great, so just add enough to reach the desired sweetness.
What Do You Garnish The Cocktail With?
I love to garnish with fresh watermelon pieces or wedges. Plus, I like to include some more fresh mint as well. Another fun option would be to soak the watermelon in vodka for 30 minutes or so before adding it as a garnish. Boozy watermelon pieces are pretty tasty, and it makes the drink even more fun.
Don’t Forget To Try These Drinks
- 1 cup watermelon (diced)
- fresh mint (to taste)
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup sparkling water (watermelon or lime)
- Muddle fresh watermelon, this will give you about 1/4 cup juice and some little left over pieces of watermelon - save those!
- Rub the fresh mint in your hands to help to release some of the oils
- Fill your favorite glass with ice
- Pour in the watermelon juice and add watermelon pieces if desired
- Add in the vodka
- Top with sparkling water
- Add in fresh mint (you can leave it out if desired, but makes this cocktail extra refreshing!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.