All of our Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Oatmeal Cookies The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
These Diabetic Oatmeal Cookies are a classic dessert that everyone will love. Made with simple ingredients, these cookies are easy and delicious. Biting into a warm oatmeal cookie is sure to be the best part of your day.
Want to know the secret to the best diabetic oatmeal cookies? It’s the Swerve brown sugar. It gives them a deeper and richer flavor that is impossible to beat.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
How To Make Diabetic Oatmeal Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Using a sifter, add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture.
4. Fold in the oatmeal and pour in the milk. Give it a good stir.
5. Use a cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the edges have browned slightly.
7. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, remove and place on a wire rack to finish cooling. Serve and devour!
Why These Oatmeal Cookies Are The Best
- They are the perfect combination of soft and chewy
- Great for sugar cravings
- Easily adapted
- Kid friendly
- Downright delicious
- Easy to follow recipe
- Double the batch – If you are serving a crowd or want to have cookies on hand, go ahead and double or triple the batch. Keep them airtight in the freezer, and they will last up to 3 months.
- Don’t overmix the cookie dough. Once the dough is barely mixed together, it’s ready to bake. Overmixing will lead to a dry cookie that breaks apart easily.
- Room temperature is best. Before making the cookies, place the egg on the counter for about 30 minutes to an hour. Room temperature ingredients are the key to the perfect baked goods!
Are These Cookies Gluten Free?
No, they have all purpose flour which does have gluten. However, you could swap the flour for your favorite gluten free baking blend. While I haven’t tried it, I am sure it would work well.
Also, be sure when you are buying oats that you look for ones that are certified gluten free. Otherwise, there could be some cross contamination at the factory and they could have trace amounts of gluten.
What Kind of Oats Do I Use?
To achieve the proper texture, I recommend using rolled oats. They are bulky enough to withstand being baked and they bind well with the other ingredients.
In a pinch, you could use minute oats, but the texture is going to be a little different. They tend to absorb the liquid ingredients more, and they are usually a little more dry.
Do I Need To Grease The Cookie Sheet?
No need to grease the baking sheet. You could line the baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats for easy cleanup. Either way, they shouldn’t stick because of the oil in the cookies.
Can I Add Chocolate Chips?
Yes, absolutely! Feel free to add chocolate chips, M&Ms, cranberries, coconut, nuts, or raisins to these diabetic oatmeal cookies. After you prepare the batter, fold in ¼ – ½ cup of the ingredients of your choice.
Don’t Forget to try one of our other Oatmeal Cookie Recipes!
- Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies with Nutmeg
- Diabetic Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Swerve Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Cup of firmly pack Swerve Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3 cups of Oats
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine vegetable oil, Swerve brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Add in the oats and milk.
- Stir well and drop by teaspoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 8mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 3g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.