Our version of Chicken Chili Soup Recipe has classic flavors and thanks to a simplified method, Hello… Instant Pot®, cooks more quickly than traditional chicken soups with the hints of chili and lime!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
What do you need to make our Instant Pot® Chicken Chili Soup Recipe?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Chilis
- Baby Carrots
- White Beans
- Olive Oil
- Chili Lime Rub -our recipe!
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Chicken Chili Soup in the Instant Pot®
Rub chicken with chili lime rub, salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in the instant pot and add chicken. Saute the chicken on both sides until cooked through, let chicken cool and then shred. Return chicken to Instant Pot. Add stock, lime juice and all remaining ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, make sure to scrape any seasoning off the bottom of the pot while stirring. If not scrapped well, you might get a burn notice before the soup is finished. Seal Pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Using the quick release method, release the pressure. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of cheddar cheese and cilantro. Squeeze extra lime in if desired.
Is this Chicken Chili Soup Spicy?
The Chili Lime Dry Rub is a little spicy but overall this is not a spicy soup, If you want it spicy switch the small can of green chiles for 2 small jalapenos that have been seeded and minced.
Benefits to Cooking with an Instant Pot®
Compared to cooking with other appliances, such as roasting in an oven or boiling/steaming on a stovetop, Instant Pot boasts energy savings of up to 70%. Pressure cookers reach temperatures above boiling, and the higher the temperature, the faster the food will cook.
Can Chicken Chili Soup be made in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, make sure to cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. Before serving and eating, make sure the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
While you are waiting for your Chicken Chili Soup to cook look at our other chicken recipes.
Another Great Instant Pot® Recipe to Try!
Other Great Soups On Our Site:
- Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Easy White Bean Chicken Chili with Acorn Squash
- Easy Pumpkin Soup
- Easy Chili with Beans
Things You Might Need For This Recipe:
Instant Pot Max 6 Quart Multi-use Electric Pressure Cooker with 15psi Pressure Cooking, Sous Vide, Auto Steam Release Control and Touch ScreenAccessories for Instant Pot, Sugaroom 100 PCS Pressure Cooker Accessories Set Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt 8 quart-2 Steamer Baskets, Springform Pan, Egg Rack, Egg Bites Mold and MoreSealing Rings for Instant Pot Accessories of 6 Qt Models – Red, Blue and Clear, Sweet and Savory Edition – 3 Pack BPA-Free Food-grade Replacement Silicone Seal Gaskets for Instpot 6 Quart
- 2 large chicken breast-skinless, boneless
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounce white beans
- 15 ounce tomatoes, diced, fire roasted
- 15 ounce tomatoes, diced
- 15 ounce corn
- 8 ounce green chiles
- ¼ cup chives
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 6 small potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Chili Lime Rub- link in notes section
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Rub chicken with chili lime rub, salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot and add chicken
- Saute the chicken on both sides until cooked through, let chicken cool and then shred
- Return chicken to Instant Pot
- Add stock, lime juice and all remaining ingredients
- Using a wooden spoon, make sure to scrape any seasoning off the bottom of the pot while stirring
- If not scrapped well, you might get a burn notice before the soup is finished
- Seal Pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes
- Using the quick release method, release the pressure
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of cheddar cheese and cilantro
- Squeeze extra lime in if desired
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 619Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 68mgSodium 1717mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 14gSugar 15gProtein 38g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.