Soft and delicious Cheesy Zucchini Quick Bread is pure heaven! Bursting with fresh zucchini, cheddar cheese and green onions, what more is there to want? Serve it at picnics or when you invite friends over for a dinner party. The combination of flavors is beautiful, comforting, and irresistible.
What’s In Cheesy Zucchini Quick Bread
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
How To Make Zucchini Bread With Cheese
- Warm the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Shred a fresh zucchini. Then wrap it in a kitchen towel and gently squeeze out any liquid, then set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, vinegar, melted butter, and egg in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until just combined and be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini, cheddar cheese, and green onion and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the cheesy zucchini quick bread cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it from the pan. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
How Do You Know When Zucchini Bread Is Done?
The easiest and most reliable method is to stick a toothpick in the middle of the bread. When you pull it out, if there isn’t raw batter then it’s done. If you do see batter then that means it needs to bake a little bit longer. This can happen because of your elevation and the fact that most ovens cook at a slightly different rate.
Do I Have To Squeeze Zucchini?
Yes! This is a vital step to ensure that this savory and cheesy zucchini quick bread turns out perfectly. Otherwise it’s watery, and lacks that extra pizzazz and flavor that we all love. So please don’t skip this step.
Do You Peel Zucchini For Bread?
You may find some mixed reviews out there, but for the most part you can leave the peel intact. As the quick bread bakes, it softens the skin so you aren’t even going to realize it’s there. Leaving the peel will give your bread a lovely color and will have a green speckled look that is great.
How To Store
This homemade cheesy zucchini bread will last 2-3 days at room temperature. It’s important that you let it cool down all the way, then wrap it with a piece of plastic wrap. Or you can put it into a sealed container with a tight-fitting lid. It will last another day or so if you toss it in the fridge too.
Can You Freeze It?
Yep! Freezing this cheesy zucchini quick bread is fast, easy, and a great way to prolong the life of it. We like to make an extra loaf and freeze it so we can have it later. It will last for up to 3 months as long as it’s wrapped tightly and in a freezer-safe container.
You can thaw it by placing the bread on at room temperature for 3-4 hours. If you like it warm, put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before serving.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray
- Shred zucchini then wrap in towel and squeeze out excess liquid, set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined
- In another bowl whisk together milk and vinegar then add in melted butter and egg
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir just to combine
- Stir in zucchini, cheese, and onion and mix lightly
- Pour into pan
- Bake 1 hour
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove and cool completely on wire rack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BambooMN Solid Bamboo Dinner Knife 8" - All Natural Reusable Dinnerware - 10 pcs
Wood Cutting Board Set - Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles (3-Pieces)
Wilton Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 355mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 7g
I am not a nutritionist. All nutrition values have been automatically generated. If you have questions, please have a professional look at the ingredients and help you with new values.