All of our Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes for you in one location. You will love the different types of Oatmeal Cookies The Wooden Spoon Effect has created!
These Applesauce Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are delicious, easy to make, and healthy! Check out this amazing recipe so you can make your own at home!
When you want something sweet and delicious, but you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, these peanut butter cookies are the perfect solution. With only five ingredients and 20 minutes, you can make these incredible treats in no time! Try them tonight with your kids and see what everyone thinks about this easy dessert recipe!
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend!
Ingredients For These Cookies
How To Make Applesauce Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1. Turn the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line the cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a light layer of oil.
2. Stir all of the ingredients together in a food processor or high powered blender until combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
3. Starting making balls of cookie dough (the size of golf balls), use a spoon, ice cream scoop, or cookie scoop to make them.
4. Bake the cookies on a cookie sheet and make traditional peanut butter cookies by pressing them with a fork to create crisscross patterns. Continue with the remaining dough.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool and enjoy them!
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
- Only 5 ingredients
- Packed with protein and fiber
- Family friendly
- Snack or dessert
- Potluck & party favorite
- Don’t overbake – Baking the cookies too long will make them dry, dense and they’ll lose moisture. Instead, pull them out of the oven after the edges have browned and the centers are slightly underdone. They will continue to cook as they cool on the pan.
- Press the cookies – lightly press down on each mound of dough before baking. This helps them spread evenly and thicken as they bake.
- Add extra flavor – Mix in chocolate chips, coconut shreds, nuts, or raisins for some additional texture and flavor.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?
Yes, both options work well, but use creamy for a creamier texture. The crunchy variety will give your cookies a little more texture. Just keep in mind that because crunchy has a little more texture, it may be pleasant in some cookie applications but a little off-putting in others. Crunchy peanut butter also tends to hold its shape a bit better after being mixed with wet ingredients.
Why add applesauce to oatmeal cookies?
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to oil or butter in your cookies, add some applesauce. The moisture in applesauce will give your cookies more moistness and flavor. It also helps balance out any extra sweetness from other ingredients.
Can you use minute oats instead of rolled oats for these cookies?
While rolled oats and minute oats can be used interchangeably in many recipes, these cookies aren’t one of them. The smaller grains in minute oats make them absorb liquid quickly and they can become gummy and heavy when cooked. If you swap out rolled oats for their counterpart, your peanut butter oatmeal cookies will come out soggy, dense and flat – there won’t be much to chew on.
Items You Might Need To Make These Cookies:
Goodful Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Baking Pan, Made Without PFOA or PTFE, Dishwasher Safe, 11Cooling Rack For Baking, Aisoso Baking Rack with 18/8 Stainless Steel Bold Grid Wire, Multi Use Oven Rack Fit Quarter Sheet Pan, Oven and Dishwasher Safe, 8.5 x 12 InchesKatbite 200PCS 12×16 In Heavy Duty Flat Parchment Paper, Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking Cookies, Cooking, Frying, Air Fryer, Grilling Rack, Oven(12×16 Inch)KitchenAid RKFP0711WH 7-Cup Food Processor – White (Renewed)Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set, 8-Piece Stainless Steel Kitchen Measuring Tool for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Suitable for Narrow Spice JarsStainless Steel Measuring Cups, Laxinis world 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set (1)Hanmir Ice Cream Scoop, Cookie Scoop Set of 3 Spring-Loaded with Trigger Release,Large/Medium/Small Stainless Steel Muffin Scoops for Baking,Fruit and Meatball
Try our Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies! These cookies have been featured on Foodgawker!
Other Awesome Oatmeal Cookies To Try
- Low Fat Oatmeal Cookies with Applesauce
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies with Nutmeg
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats*
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender and pulse until combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Using a spoon, ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop out about ¼ cup dough and roll into a ball (should be about the size of a golf ball).
- Place the ball on the cookie sheet and to keep with traditional peanut butter cookie design, flatten with a fork, making criss-cross lines. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Parchment Paper Sheets
11 Inch Baking Sheets Pan Nonstick Set of 2, Walooza 1-inch Deep Baking Trays, 11X9 Inch Cookie Sheet Replacement Toaster Oven Tray, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
Saebye Cookie Scoop Set, 3 Pieces Ice Cream Scoop Set, 0.8 OZ/ 1.4OZ/ 2.7OZ, Large-Medium-Small Size Disher Scoop, Portion Scoop, Cookie Scoops for Baking for Cookie Dough, Cupcake Batter or Ice Cream